• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

"You're getting there"

I dropped off a Bhut, Morish and Red Savina for this guy to try yesterday. Today, he told my wife that I am getting closer but still that these peppers were warm. I don't know if he tried the entire pepper or just a small slice of the skin but "getting there?"

Okay, my plan is to let my bhuts ripen for at least two months more (the bottom of them was not completely red) and then dehydrate and grind them into powder. I'll use two of them along with a couple of pequins in seven ounces of a sauce mixture. But I suspect this guy will tell me: you're almost there.

So what other peppers (assuming I have them) can I add? Or can some people simply eat the hottest peppers on earth and not feel anything?

Mike

lol

i think this guy is messing with you or not trying the peppers properlike. either that or you have weak pods. give the punkass some extract and see what happens.

Are you watching him eat them? Chances are he is not eating the whole pod if he is eating them at all. I am guessing he is messing with you. If he is eating them he is blowing it off as "getting there" afterward not during.

Guys,

I don't think so. Now maybe he isn't eating the whole pod - I will have to ask him. But he said he has been eating hot peppers for years and loves them. Several months ago, I gave him some very, very hot sauce, at least from what others reported after tasting it. His response was: it's good but not that warm.

Of course, he could be telling me stories but he doesn't impress me as someone who would spread BS. Don't know his nationality - not Mexican or Carribbean, I don't think. I don't want to say for sure, but perhaps Indian (the country) or Middle East. But that likely is not important. I'm wondering if he has ate so many peppers that he is use to them.

Mike

Mike:

I work with a guy that is the same way...I gave him a slice of Naga Morich and he said...hmmmm, not bad...everyone else that ate a slice are afraid to eat anything I give them now without asking me how hot it is...

Could be, there are those rare individuals with unbelievably high tolerances like IGG, Hippy, QuadShotz, etc, that don't peppers don't have the same effect on. Think of it this way. You may eat jalapenos and think they are a little warm (I don't know, but go with me) but a friend or coworker could eat a jalapeno and think oh my GOD that is sooooo hot. That means your tolerance is higher than theirs. It's all what you are used to. Have you heard about the woman from India that ate like 50 Nagas and set the world record. Apparently she is immune to the pain. Maybe this guy is too, but I doubt it. Have him eat one in front of you and see how he reacts then.

Thankfully, something got lost in translation between Sam, my wife and me. I talked with him today - it's not that I'm getting there, I have arrived. He said he tried a tiny piece off the bottom of the pod (it wasn't completely ripe yet) and his mouth and tongue burnt for 30-40 minutes. But he likes it, he likes it!

If my plant upstairs (in water) produces any ripe pods, I'll have seeds for anyone who wants them. No chance of a cross.

Mike

wordwiz said:
I dropped off a Bhut, Morish and Red Savina for this guy to try yesterday. Today, he told my wife that I am getting closer but still that these peppers were warm. I don't know if he tried the entire pepper or just a small slice of the skin but "getting there?"

Okay, my plan is to let my bhuts ripen for at least two months more (the bottom of them was not completely red) and then dehydrate and grind them into powder. I'll use two of them along with a couple of pequins in seven ounces of a sauce mixture. But I suspect this guy will tell me: you're almost there.

So what other peppers (assuming I have them) can I add? Or can some people simply eat the hottest peppers on earth and not feel anything?

Mike

Yep mike theres a few my cousin has eatan 6 nagas in one sitting hes completely mad of course,Buts eating the hot stuff for a fair few years :)

That happened to me! I gave this guy a Dorset Naga to eat (did not see with own eyes!) and apparently his response was 'mmmmm' thought it would be hotter!

Before I would accept somebody saying, mmmmmm warm after eating a B. jolokia I would have to see them eat it with my own eyes.

I have a friend who brags about the heat he can take. This is my first year growing the BJ and I'm certain his first experience with them. I can't wait to see him. :lol:

Back