event Zest Fest or Fiery Foods Show?

Recently, we were made aware of a posting regarding ZestFest. When going to the site, we discovered many wonderfully complimentary postings about ZestFest and its accompanying Fiery Food Challenge Awards Banquet. We were delighted to read them and thank everyone for your support.
We are also very pleased to have been approached by the City of Irving, Texas, to be their Grand Opening Event at their new $135 million Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas. Although we’re saddened to leave Fort Worth, where ZF has been held for many years, the opportunity to vendors to be a part of ZF this year is huge! The City of Irving and its Visitors and Convention Bureau will be augmenting our large advertising budget and we anticipate seeing over 20,000 people come through the Expo – and devote themselves to spending the entire day right there!
ZestFest has, without question, the best Celebrity Chef stage in the industry. Our chefs are all well known and the entertainment is, well, entertaining!
A quote from a posting said “…the people at Zest Fest go out of their way to help you and make you feel more like a person than a number.” We try our best to assist our exhibitors and treat everyone with respect, from assistance in unloading to coffee in the morning and lunch at noon. We believe that the exhibitors will be delighted with the numbers of Trade Buyers that come in on Friday – we treat them well, too! We do our best to combine business with pleasure (the Fiery Foods Awards with, yes, free drinks and food) and do both extremely well. We care about our exhibitors and offer the best amenities. In years past, many of our exhibitors have sold out of their product on Saturday and we hope they’ll stock up this year.
We may be the “new” people, but we’ve managed and produced ZF and the FFC for the past 5 years. We still have the support of Chile Pepper Magazine and look forward to the 6-page spread on ZestFest that will come out in the next issue. And we managed to put up a website – a great website! Check it out at www.zestfest2011.com!
We intend to deliver the best show in the business and know we can prove it to everyone – well, almost everyone! There are always some who criticize others to make themselves feel better. Come to ZestFest and see the best of the best!
The folks at Spicy Food Productions – ZestFest and the Fiery Food Challenge

Zest Fest, glad you found THP. Good luck this year! Hope the move suits you well.

Hubby just doesn't have the people skills to deal with those you've described before. One time, he was manning my farmer's market booth where I had samples of fresh CHUNKY salsa set out. Some guy comes up, takes a big chipful and then says, "I don't like onions". Hubby says, "Well then don't f-ing eat it!".

LOL- I love that guy!

Ha Ha sounds just like my partner, he would say that. He especially gets angry when people come up and say that there little red thai chillies are the hottest in the world and that they have never heard of the Bhut and there is no way anything can be hotter than their birds eyes!
I personally can't stand it when people come and take up your time talking to you whilst you have customers but find the need to tell you how much they hate chilli and can't eat it.
Some funny people out there and you get a story or laugh every time you have a stall thats for sure!

Ha Ha sounds just like my partner, he would say that. He especially gets angry when people come up and say that there little red thai chillies are the hottest in the world and that they have never heard of the Bhut and there is no way anything can be hotter than their birds eyes!
I personally can't stand it when people come and take up your time talking to you whilst you have customers but find the need to tell you how much they hate chilli and can't eat it.
Some funny people out there and you get a story or laugh every time you have a stall thats for sure!

Seriously what a bunch of losers, people really confuse me with their crap. Why would you bother going out of your way to tell someone you don't like Chilli if that is how they make their living????

Why would you bother going out of your way to tell someone you don't like Chilli if that is how they make their living????

Dunno, Joey, but Wildfire is right in that it doesn't take long to start getting some good stories.

Another one that get to me is-
I always invite customers to try the fresh salsa by saying, "would you like to try some salsa?" and sometimes get a reply "no thanks, I make my own."

Huh?!? Are they so locked into their own sauce they won't even TASTE another product? I dunno, maybe I'm just getting snarky after 16 years of listening to the SAME comments and the SAME questions.... :crazy:

And "how do you make a chile hot"? I'd have to say "Put it in the oven. The high temperature of the oven breaks down the casaisinoids so they can be absorbed by the tongue." and then giggle to myself if they bought it.

:halo:

Still bouncing the idea of going around in my head. The idea of zest Fest over the other this year is too much to compare, and as a company, we have been around a few years doing the smaller shows and really want to get our "Cherry Popped" at something good to help complete the knowledge of our existence in the industry. just don't want to get burned. Like the Creator said, logistics from the east coast are a bitch and basically eat up a majority of the cost of going.

Someone make my mind up for me!!!! Does Race City Zest Fest or not!!!

Still bouncing the idea of going around in my head. The idea of zest Fest over the other this year is too much to compare, and as a company, we have been around a few years doing the smaller shows and really want to get our "Cherry Popped" at something good to help complete the knowledge of our existence in the industry. just don't want to get burned. Like the Creator said, logistics from the east coast are a bitch and basically eat up a majority of the cost of going.

Someone make my mind up for me!!!! Does Race City Zest Fest or not!!!

You can only try and see. If you just break even you haven't "lost out" you have gained publicity for free. If you loose a little it was an experience and you still may gain new buyers which will pay off in the future, just give it a go I reckon :lol:

Agreed. Remember, this is the inaugural event for the brand new convention center. There are going to be a TON of curious people to begin with. We pretty much sell out at Zest Fest every year, and get a good number of buyer contacts as well. Couple that with the huge cost savings from doing the NM show (freight, airfare, etc), and I think it's pretty much a no-brainer.

Agreed. Remember, this is the inaugural event for the brand new convention center. There are going to be a TON of curious people to begin with. We pretty much sell out at Zest Fest every year, and get a good number of buyer contacts as well. Couple that with the huge cost savings from doing the NM show (freight, airfare, etc), and I think it's pretty much a no-brainer.

plus you get to drink a shiner bock with me....roflmao

I'm super excited to head out for this event! HBD is not exhibiting, but I (meaning Johnny) will be out trying all the goods, enjoying the event and naturally promoting our products a bit as well. If any of you guys that I haven't met yet are going to be out there, please introduce yourself, I'll be the heavily tattooed guy in a Heartbreaking Dawns T-shirt!

I'm super excited to head out for this event! HBD is not exhibiting, but I (meaning Johnny) will be out trying all the goods, enjoying the event and naturally promoting our products a bit as well. If any of you guys that I haven't met yet are going to be out there, please introduce yourself, I'll be the heavily tattooed guy in a Heartbreaking Dawns T-shirt!

Hi Johnnie...my name is Ronnie... roflmao.... ;)

cya there man...

23 days and counting

Back