• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting 1 harvest?

First year growing superhots or anything for that mattter so I have a couple questions. My trinadad scorpion plant seems to be in some trouble. It seemed like once the first pods set there were no additional growing. Is this typical? My first and only harvest was about 15 peppers. Now the leaves are somewhat yellowing and falling right off... Seems odd but for all i know its normal. Should I give it a good dose of fertilizer or give up at this point, late in the summer. Its a strong plant with the stem being about 3/4" thick!

if you need pics, I can post tonight!

thanks!!

chefben4 ..... Pictures are always the best to get good info from folks. A picture is worth a .... as they say. Most the peppers put on more flowers as others are harvested. Older leaves fall off as the plant grows .... If a lot of the new growth is yellowing then you may well need to feed them. A picture will help .... most the time you're way better off giving a small dose Vs a good dose. You can always feed a little more later after you see what happens from the first small dose.

As for me my plants are still putting on lots of new growth , they're green ..... older leaves are yellowing and falling off. My temps are around 100 degrees again. I've noticed on my soil a lot of flowers have been dropping off do to heat at night. All those things are pretty normal from what I've learned.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Back