• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

105 degrees. I mean, seriously. C'mon already.

105 degrees today, here in Northern Virginia.
Needless to say, there has been no fruit set.
On the upside, I've probably produced enough dropped blossoms to make a pillow.

Maybe this global warming thing is real, but instead of it being 1/2 degree in the next 100 years, it's actually 40 degrees, in one year.

IS THIS HEAT WAVE EVER GOING TO END????

Damn, and I thought the last several days which were consistently in the high 80s and low 90s were miserable (and they are without air conditioning--it's humid as hell and a least 5 degrees hotter in the house than outside, and never cools off in here at night). I haven't seen a whole lot of flower drop so far, but my one and only Fatalii was mauled just a couple days ago. Some animal (I suspect a cat or groundhog) snapped the top of the main stem, including every single bud the plant had on it and the first potentially developing pepper. Now all that remains is a mostly-bare main stem and a few side shoots, no buds. I'd like to go on a maniacal cat and groundhog massacre. Needless to say, that completely ruined my day.

We have been above 95 for three weeks straight and had less than 1" of rain in those three weeks. This is miserable, good thing I am going to the beach tomorrow.

We have been above 95 for three weeks straight and had less than 1" of rain in those three weeks. This is miserable, good thing I am going to the beach tomorrow.

I call BS! I know for a fact you guys got the same 3 day break we did about a week ago!...was quite nice and allowed about 4 whole pods to set before dropping resumed lol.....other than that, I can attest to the +95 for 3 weeks minus the three day break we got and less than 1" of rain.

I know you are having it rough. The weather here has completely turned around, was cool, (50s-60s) cloudy, rainy with T-storms and occasional hail all through June. Ended up being the coldest and wettest June on record! Now we are having our own mini heat wave, expected to get well over 90 today, but cooling into the weekend to the low 80's. at least I am not dealing with high humidity, currently showing at 33% on My Home Weather Station. The humidity does fluctuate, drops during the heat of the day, but goes back to about 80% at night.

I call BS! I know for a fact you guys got the same 3 day break we did about a week ago!...was quite nice and allowed about 4 whole pods to set before dropping resumed lol.....other than that, I can attest to the +95 for 3 weeks minus the three day break we got and less than 1" of rain.

HA, you cannot count those 5 min storms that just boosted the humidity from 50-99%. Hell, all the rain evaporated before it hit the ground. All my grass is basically dead and the clay is caking and curling up from underneath the dead grass.

Sorry guys, no sympathy here; 90 days of 98 - 105. ;) That's not normal for here either. It finally dropped back to mid to low 90's a few weeks back.
Shade cloth your plants (if you can) and keep them well watered and just wait; this too shall pass. :)

Edit: no air con here either; it keeps one from acclimating.

We have had temps in the 100's about all week in the North East -- My electric bill is going to be crazzzzzzzzzzy -- The humidity the last few days is like breathing water - supposed to rain Saturday hopefully knocking down the heat I dont know how much longer I can pool hop

I can feel for all you guys having a heat way. The first part of June was unreal around here with temps in the 100's. For me it's cooled off , but too much rain the last couple of days.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

HA, you cannot count those 5 min storms that just boosted the humidity from 50-99%. Hell, all the rain evaporated before it hit the ground. All my grass is basically dead and the clay is caking and curling up from underneath the dead grass.

haha yeah my grass is crunchy and is starting to break off where you walk.......havent mowed in 3 weeks, going on 4 weeks! Cracks me up because the neighbor across the street is one of those lawn freaks that picks up (litterally!) every leaf that falls off of his bradford pear tree in the front yard if it gets blown off by the wind, totally weed and clover free yard,, the whole nine yards....but doesnt water it? So even though his yard is a nice dark green in the spring and fall, and mine looks like camo from all the greens and browns from various grasses and clovers and whatnot in my yard....both of ours are equally brown now lol..

But back to the point....Nah just had some of the wifes family in couple weeks ago and they left headed back to NM and they stopped in Knoxville and were telling us how nice it felt there. We had a cool (85-90) snap right around the same time....lasted maybe 2 or 3 days then went back to hells fire.

I can feel for all you guys having a heat way. The first part of June was unreal around here with temps in the 100's. For me it's cooled off , but too much rain the last couple of days.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

I couldnt imagine driving down through Hereford or Bovina if you guys had any kind of humidity. That black cloud that looms over the stock yards would be like a manure and amonia paste hanging in the air. Ive been out your way when you guys have 100-105F......Id rather be there with 100-105 than here with anything over 85. Wife is from Clovis, NM, just down the road from you a little, and agrees as well.

Hey JustinNC !! You do know my part of the world ..... cattle feeders say that smells like money. And yes people do say "At least it's a dry heat" Hell when it's over a hundred it sucks no matter where you are. I love Clovis .... bought many a truck from Benders.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Seems to be a break coming though, its not too hot right now and supposed to rain for the next week. I say bring it on.

In Canada we aren't used to this 100 degree heat. I've never owned an air conditioner but I'd certainly buy one this year if there were any still available

Hey JustinNC !! You do know my part of the world ..... cattle feeders say that smells like money. And yes people do say "At least it's a dry heat" Hell when it's over a hundred it sucks no matter where you are. I love Clovis .... bought many a truck from Benders.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

haha yeah I know it. Not well but I know it. Been from Clovis to Amarillo a time or three and from Clovis to Lubbock several times. Wife used to teach in Bovina, and lived in Amarillo a few years while still married to her ex husband. She grew up in Clovis and didn't leave until 2008. So me living here in NC, and making a relationship work with her in Clovis til 2008.....yeah Ive been there a few times lol.

Only thing I like about Clovis is the surrounding area. Lots of speed goats and mulies out there in the plains just outside of town. Hopefully I'll draw a tag one day (if I ever have the $$ to apply lol). Really love NM in general though. Extremely diverse in the way of big game. Desert big horns, mulies, cues, regular white tails, javalena, ibex?? lol, black bears, turkeys, mountain lions, elk, pronghorn....the last two which I'm most interested in. The first one as well, butttttttttttt that's a once (if any) in a lifetime tag.

Back