• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

15 Super Hots----1 Week

Very entertaining read! I'm glad you won that auction and put all those pods to good use. My stomach actually started cramping up when reading about your Douglah experience. I did that to myself several times this year while testing myself. I think I can handle most any mouth/throat burn, but the Douglah is the only superhot I've had that absolutely destroys my guts. Not sure why that is, but I think I'll only use it in small amounts of powder added to food from now on.

You were definitely the right guy to win that auction. Congrats on kicking a** and taking down all those peppers. Great job, now just relax. But in like 3 days you are gonna start getting the itch. Like Tyrone Biggums and red balls... :lol:

Congrats.

Matt

Way to go. That was definitely a tough task to undertake. Some men get their "man card" taken away for being unmanly, but you my friend just had your "man card" upgraded to platinum! :onfire: :woohoo:

Thanks everyone for the congratulatory sentiments. This past week I really learned a lot in addition to garnering quite the healthy respect for super hots. The experience was awesome as was the well deserved break upon completion. The other night I did indeed consume a fresh bhut and was most pleased to see that my heat tolerance has improved due to the previous week. The pepper was painful but I managed it just fine. There was no panic, I took it in stride, something that I couldn't have done a couple of weeks ago.

So what will I grow next year? Here are the definites:

1) T.S. Butch T. With the exception of size this pepper really has it all. Insane heat, great taste and vicious look. I may do a T.S. Morouga as well. I loved the Morouga, it's just that I found it similar to the Butch T in many ways but just not quite as cool. I found the taste to be similarly delicious. The heat was very extreme but a bit less than that of the Butch T. The Morouga's appearance wasn't as striking. The 2 were similar and I just slightly preferred the Butch T.

2) Fatali. The pepper may not have been one of the hottest but it had an utterly robust, delicious citrus flavor and still packed a good amount of heat.

3) Naga Morich. I found it to be similar to the red bhut but better. I also hear that it's a prolific producer.

4) Brown Douglah x Scorpion. This pepper was just such a monster that I feel the need to grow it. I'll just grow one plant and I'm not sure what I'll do with the pods. This strain was just too cool not to grow.

5) 7 Pod Sara R. This was just an all around awesome pepper.

6) Barrackpore. Another pepper that really brought an excellent combo of flavor and heat.

Damn....I will be sure NOT to make this mistake...sorry it hit you so hard. I would hate to have to eat another pepper after that...but hey that's what being a captain is all about ;) You are a champ. I haven't had the chance to eat a fresh super hot yet but I have about 25 of them coming in the mail beginning of this coming week...yellow scorps, black naga's, red bhut's, yellow 7s,....I am a little bit afraid after your review. I'm thinking of starting out eating peppers like a snail. Small small small steps at a time. I don't ever want to feel like you just described....hope everything fairs well for you with the rest of your peppers. Good LUCK CAPTAIN!!
hell.gif

Back