• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting 1st and probably last decent harvest

I thought I'd show my picking from last night. This is the 1st time I've actually had more then 2 or 3 peppers taken out of the garden at once this year. Overall this year's weather has sucked immensely from the very get go!

I have had hundreds of moldy dieing pods on the vine and falling off my plants. I'm beyond frustrated, I spent hundreds of $'s to get my garden where it is and mother nature is just pissing on it with freezing cold and moist nights. I've had green pods just sitting on the vine for more then 2 months that will not ripen..:banghead:

pepp3rpr0n.jpg

Anyone have a good suggestion for a sauce? I'm thinking since I'm getting short handed with peppers I midaswell just throw them all together for a good sauce I can enjoy over the winter instead of drying them for powder.

Pepp3rFreak said:
Anyone have a good suggestion for a sauce? I'm thinking since I'm getting short handed with peppers I midaswell just throw them all together for a good sauce I can enjoy over the winter instead of drying them for powder.

I've harvested a total of about 43 Naga Morich so far, but only 3 caribbean red Habs. Very dissapointing.

I made an AWESOME Naga sauce 2 nights ago you might like.

Literall made this up as I went along and damn if it didn't turn out totally awesome (in my opinion!)

40 ripe Naga's
2 large ripe Mango's (obviously remove the pits and the skins!)
about one cup of chopped fresh carrots
8 large cloves of garlic
1/2 a large sweet onion
1 quart apple cider vinegar.

Cooked all the ingredients in a covered sauce pan just until they just started to get soft. No longer.
I nuked the carrots for about 2 minutes first because they take far far longer to cook than the other ingredients.

Into the food processor with it all along with about a cup of the vinegar and puree till smooth. pour into a large pitcher and add the rest of the vinegar and mix throughly.

Done.

One thing I found was really nice about using Naga Morich is that the heat doesnt blast you right off the bat like my Habs do, so you can really taste the sauce before the heat kicks in.

looks like a pretty good harvest from my viewpoint....

Thanks all, and Thanks for the recipe SkyJerk!

Yeah unfortunately life as a gardener you have to take whats given to ya. Perhaps next year will be better for us outdoor growers.

Yes my friend lets hope it is..iam hoping September will be kind as our summer has been a none starter as it has for many here. :rolleyes:

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Real nice harvest! Are those peppers on the bottom left Bhut Jolokia? Look to big to be a naga. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Yup, those are Bhuts. The Bhuts seem to be the most temperamental to cold climates out of all my hot peppers, they just refuse to fully ripen and they get moldy very easy.

I hate this year, out of all the peppers on my table that you've seen, only about 50% of them were worth while. Most had either mold growing and even F'in little white worms YUCK!!!!

Looks like a pretty good harvest to me. My peppers are green or in the case of the Jamaican Red it's orange...still waiting for the red to appear.

Jackie

Back