• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

1st try with Photoshop...

As you all know, I've been trying to get a little consistency with my labels. I think I've finally got it.

NSPSG.jpg

The label and font should stay the same, only the flames will differ in color for the different sauces. That bad boy took me all day, but then again, it was my 1st try with Photoshop. I need to make an attempt to turn the chili pepper red.

Thanks. It really took me a long time to figure out how the tools work. I still really don't have the basics down. That took me 6 hours!!

Right now, I don't see how someone can just whip out something in a few minutes. This is a difficult program to navigate.

Looking better! The pepper doesn't look skewered, it looks like a clip-art pepper photoshopped over the pitchfork. The bird looks like a pencil sketch, and the pepper looks like web clip-art. Also there's a few brown/gold areas bothering me (tip of tail, beak, horn, top of pitchfork), and the font is a little hard to read. Hope the comments help, not saying it looks bad, it look good.

I agree. But those are the things I haven't figured out how to fix. The duck itself, is a ballpoint pen drawing, so it's gunna be a little rough anyway. I'm personally digging on the fact that the background and text is the part with color, not the focal point. When I change the background, you don't notice the colored parts on the duck that much. It's the hidden layers I tell ya!!

Once again, I'd like to thank Uncle Big for starting down this path. Without his initial proof, I wouldn't be messing with his idea in the first place!!!!!

I like the sketch look of the bird, I was just saying the pepper doesn't match. Maybe the original artist can sketch a pepper?

have to agree with THP. the few spots of color on the black and white sketch don't sit right with me. have you tried seeing what it would look like if you made the ducks eyes solid black? that might go better with the drawing..and would still look devilish i'd say.

overall, it's good..just needs a little tweaking. not too crazy about the font, have you tried others?

DevilDuck said:
Those are some expensive fonts!!! They look good, but geez!!!

Yeah, they are pricey as all hell, but very, very nice. They do some very unique, artsy(i.e., pricey) stuff at House Industries.

You could also check out www.csaimages.com for some more ideas.

Back