• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2-3 plants per one pot

Yea we've decided to try it with a couple of varities rather than cull out the plants. So we will have single pot plants and 3 pot plants of the same strain will see how it goes. If it goes well may even try to overwinter the trinity pots. As always will share what comes of it ; )

CLUMPING is simply growing plants close together, either in pots or in the ground.
It lets the plants establish a "micro climate" of sorts that they are happy in. They also provide each other stability in the wind and shade in the sun. Under the canopy of clumped plants the temperature can be as much as ten degress cooler than ambient.

CLUMPING is simply growing plants close together, either in pots or in the ground.
It lets the plants establish a "micro climate" of sorts that they are happy in. They also provide each other stability in the wind and shade in the sun. Under the canopy of clumped plants the temperature can be as much as ten degress cooler than ambient.

Thanks .. interesting

Found this

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/19917-clumping-growing-technique/

2 plant in the same pot means nutrient fight, you can see which one bigger and which one is smaller, the strongest thrive's...

Hello Spankycolts... They will indeed be smaller and produce the same as 1 plant. I have found that to be the case as well. I think perhaps double a late season Habanero overwinter, then the next season separate the 2,you would have a crazy harvest !!!

Ditto that. I had three Marconi Rosso in an 18 ga. container, and the single plant in a 7 gal. pot out produced them!

There is another thread in here virtually the same topic - as long as there is ample root space there shouldnt be any nutrient imbalance as you are maintaining that. There isnt leaching as in soil planted. I have grown 2 jalapenos fine in one pot with great results. Their environment must be closely monitored of course for watering and nutes but that is expected.

What about 2 plants close one by one in the garden?
So not in pot but outside on a field?

I assume there could be problem while they are in small pots before putting them out, but what about later?
Specially I'm wondering about productivity.

wbr
Moomeen

I do 2 plants in one homeade earth box type of setup, but that container is 32 gallons so there is enough room. I don't think I would bother with anything too much smaller than that.

Back