• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

2 Pepper IDs

So all my plant nametages got mixed up at some point so I need to re-identify all of my plants now. Unfortunately some of my plants that I grew were from mystery seeds so I might have plants that aren't on my grow list. Here's what I KNOW I have somewhere:

Chocolate Hab
Yellow 7 Pot
Bonda Ma Jacques
Fatalii
Peruvian White Hab
Tabasco
Cayenne
Anaheim
Lemon Drop
Chile de Arbol

Does this look like a red Fatalii? If not, I think this red one is either a Caribbean Red or West Indian Red that was in my mystery seeds. Agree or disagree?

IMAG0078.jpg

I thought this was a Lemon Drop but it's turning reddish brown. Any ideas? It doesn't look like anything I know I'm growing.

IMAG0079.jpg

Is the second one an Anaheim? Looks a little too dark but it's shape and relative size make me think it is.

The only big C. annuum on your list is Anaheim, so that must be it. the first one is a random C. chinense as of now.

So all my plant nametages got mixed up at some point so I need to re-identify all of my plants now. Unfortunately some of my plants that I grew were from mystery seeds so I might have plants that aren't on my grow list. Here's what I KNOW I have somewhere:

Chocolate Hab
Yellow 7 Pot
Bonda Ma Jacques
Fatalii
Peruvian White Hab
Tabasco
Cayenne
Anaheim
Lemon Drop
Chile de Arbol

Does this look like a red Fatalii? If not, I think this red one is either a Caribbean Red or West Indian Red that was in my mystery seeds. Agree or disagree?

IMAG0078.jpg

I thought this was a Lemon Drop but it's turning reddish brown. Any ideas? It doesn't look like anything I know I'm growing.

IMAG0079.jpg

pic 2 looks almost exactly like a couple of pods from my anaheim plant. (unless it was a ?)I'll send you a pic to compare. Oh and I think I got my seeds from you? just sayin'

pic 2 looks almost exactly like a couple of pods from my anaheim plant. (unless it was a ?)I'll send you a pic to compare. Oh and I think I got my seeds from you? just sayin'

Excellent. It doesn't look like the Anaheims that I had last year so I was skeptical.

Those pods up close on first pic look like red fatalii to me!

That's what I'm thinking too. I always assumed that they were yellow fatalii, but that was never specified so I guess my seeds were for reds. They aren't quite as long as I thought they would be, they're pretty plump.

I think this red one is either a Caribbean Red or West Indian Red that was in my mystery seeds. Agree or disagree?

IMAG0078.jpg

Yeah I agree, I googled West Indian Red and it looks a lot like those. http://www.runetwork.de/html/en/index.html?article_id=303

Assuming the ones in your list are not crosses or mislabeled, it definitely isn't any of those, and doesn't really look like a Caribbean red. Second one must be Anaheim.

Back