• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

2009 Pepper Crop

I started 18 varieties of hot and "super" hot pepper seeds on February 17. I peeked today and I have Trinidad Congo, Naga Morich and Guatemalean Mystery are up!:mouthonfire:
I need to free up a spot for another tray on the heating mat to start the other 20 plus varieties yet to germinate.:)

You got to love such quick germination.............Thanks to all who traded seeds with me of the last several seasons.

Happy growing !

Congrats on a new season...it should be a good one...

is that the Mystery pepper from Andres?

Is Andres from Ft. Worth, TX.
I do not remember but that is the return address city on the envelope

FYI....It's going to 12 degrees F tonight. I got to get the heated greenhouse ready soon.
I'll keep the seedling in a small aquarium until then to keep the cat out of them.

WACOFlyer said:
Is Andres from Ft. Worth, TX.
I do not remember but that is the return address city on the envelope

;) yup...the address is mine....Andres sent them to me and then I distributed them among the members that wanted them..

It is going to be interesting to see how they grow...

so far...

Okay so far this year , just a few:
Lemon drop
jalapeno
candle light
anecho
hugarian wax
serrano
anaheim
cayenne
paprika hots
mystery purple pepper( a friend could not give me the name but said just grow them..lol)

Always looking for a trade to try a new one too.:onfire:

AlabamaJack said:
;) yup...the address is mine....Andres sent them to me and then I distributed them among the members that wanted them..

It is going to be interesting to see how they grow...

The ones I planted never came up. :(

AmericanHwyFlower said:
Okay so far this year , just a few:
Lemon drop
jalapeno
candle light
anecho
hugarian wax
serrano
anaheim
cayenne
paprika hots
mystery purple pepper( a friend could not give me the name but said just grow them..lol)

It's nice to see someone else not completely consumed by growing the superhots.

Always looking for a trade to try a new one too.:onfire:

There's a whole section for trades and free seeds down at the bottom of the forum.

Update:

So far, Trinidad Congo, Naga Morich, Guatemalean Mystery, 7 Pot, Tobago Seasoning,
Devils Tongue, Yellow Mushroom and Oy Kho are up and transplanted to pots. :)

It's nice to see someone else not completely consumed by growing the superhots.
They are not all superhots.;)

Update:

So far, Trinidad Congo, Naga Morich, Guatemalean Mystery, 7 Pot, Tobago Seasoning,
Devils Tongue, Yellow Mushroom, Ghut Jolakia, Orange Habanero,Lemon,Datil, Naga Jolakia, Fatalli and Oy Kho are up and transplanted to pots.
I quit counting at 200 plants.....................:)

I forgot to list the Trinidad Perfume and of course 25 Scorpion plants.

you're gonna have a lot of peppers to pick this year...

Update:

I am getting ready to start planting to the garden.

Yesterday, I noticed that the one Bhut Jolokia and several Tabago Seasoning, Trinidad Congo and OY Kho plants have started to to produce blooms!!!:onfire:

I hope it is a good season.....................:lol:

Congrats on the blooms WACO. It's only a matter of time now. Hope your weather cooperates and you have a bountiful harvest.

patrick said:
Congrats on the blooms WACO. It's only a matter of time now. Hope your weather cooperates and you have a bountiful harvest.
I checked yesterday while watering, I now have several Trinidad Congo and Bhut Jolakia pods growing.:onfire:

I see a good crop on the horizon.............

Back