• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

2009 Pods On Thread

3486724205_88e996e28a_b.jpg

Biquinho
3487538830_0397727d8b_b.jpg

Red Dominica
3486723069_698b9797e1_b.jpg

Black Scorpion Tongue
3486722557_0307bd398b_b.jpg

Sayula Jalapeno

Tell me about, Scoville. I'm bogged down in pods over here, was just gonna take some pics, but must have misplaced my camera or something, lol.
Looking good as always to say the least! Beautiful plants.

Maybe I'll go find a magnifying glass and start searching my yard for possible pod post pics.

It's like a wall of art. Beautiful pics of some beautiful peppers scoville. Looks like you're going to have a banner year.

Thanks Gents.Sure wish we would get some rain here,very dry here.Gotta be careful what you wish for here on the coast tho!

Great pod pics some of which I've never seen before. It looks like the Florida rays are treating your plants well Tony. You should be eating ripe pods very soon. I can't wait till my plants look like yours. Very nice.

Great Pics Tony, you're months ahead of the Virginia crowd. The Sayula Jalapeno and Mammoth Jalapeno especially caught my eye. I think I'm going to grow more Jalapenos next year. Getting the superhot craze out of my system this year.

Man, you got a good start on the season, Scoville! Sweet!

Tell me, how is the Piri Piri? I'm growing some this year and plan on making some hot sauce.

I will join thread with my paltry crop when I get back in town....

very nice selection there Tony...and the plants/pods look great...

Bob B.The Piri Piri is one I've been searching for specifically for a couple years.I now have a recipie from the seed providor for authentic Piri Piri sauce from Portugal.Shoot me a message for it.

Tony,I'm thinking I still have some Mammoth seed left...that 1 pod in the pic is at least 4.5 inches.I'll have the Sayulas soon,I'm thinking they will need to ripen to red.I'll be sure to save you some if you want.Maybe try a few now,just for grins.I only save seed from the ripe jumbo pods!

PRF.Thanks for your comment!I have a lot of Carolina connections,N and S.
I fish,I cook,and I eat.I learned all thre best in the Carolinas.Nuff 'Said.Let me know if you require anything..

scoville said:
Tony,I'm thinking I still have some Mammoth seed left...that 1 pod in the pic is at least 4.5 inches.I'll have the Sayulas soon,I'm thinking they will need to ripen to red.I'll be sure to save you some if you want.Maybe try a few now,just for grins.I only save seed from the ripe jumbo pods!

Thanks for thinking of me Tony, you've been very generous already. Save me a couple of seeds and we'll get a big trade going after this years crop, I'm already growing more than I can handle as it is. I'm going to experiment with a few different locations for peppers this year besides what I have in containers. This hobby is as addicting as fine beer. :) BTW, your Rays have been handing it to my Sox the last few days. The AL East is really vicious this year. Going to be a long fun summer.

Back