• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2011 Chinense problems

PIC 1, those are pics from last year when I first measured the heat. It is probably hotter this year and I am fairly certain it will be the hottest on record. We've had about 8 inches of rain so far. This year I made some adjustments and the plants are better off but still not producing much between June thru mid Sept. as per the last few years. My plants in containers are grouped, clumped together for that purpose as well as better use of space and drip irrigation. I have a grow log on here but I think my pretty pics of wild life and whinning about the temps are growing old. So nothing new to add to it now.

Thanks Mike

I have same problem some of plants just have few fruits on it & some of didn't have blossom yet, never happen before, I think to much rain this year than heat over 90 degrees than rain again also factor are day/night temperatures changing ,well hope for the best they start fruiting before before temperature start dropping.

PIC 1, those are pics from last year when I first measured the heat. It is probably hotter this year and I am fairly certain it will be the hottest on record. We've had about 8 inches of rain so far. This year I made some adjustments and the plants are better off but still not producing much between June thru mid Sept. as per the last few years. My plants in containers are grouped, clumped together for that purpose as well as better use of space and drip irrigation. I have a grow log on here but I think my pretty pics of wild life and whinning about the temps are growing old. So nothing new to add to it now.

Thanks Mike

Mike, I hear what your saying, that's hot man! no where near that in Chicago, still not our usual summer, just one of those bad cycles of weather and we were due. Temperatures are starting to turn for the good now, more like our typical August around 80 during the day and down to 60 in the evening. Good luck with your hot peppers hopefully the weather your having now will extend your harvest(s) later...

I have same problem some of plants just have few fruits on it & some of didn't have blossom yet, never happen before, I think to much rain this year than heat over 90 degrees than rain again also factor are day/night temperatures changing ,well hope for the best they start fruiting before before temperature start dropping.

Sounds like the same conditions here. This could be a combination of stressors and not just one thing.

Back