• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2011 Grow log

Starting out w/ a seed that just popped after being underground for > a month. I put both serrano seeds and jalapeno seeds in this pot. They didn't seem to sprout so I forgot about them. I'd be happy w/ either one because that would make the 4th different strain that I've grown. Already had some success w/ Kung Pao, phrik khi nu, & Hab's

5521325274_6c517a8ece.jpg

Rocoto flowering for the 2nd time. Hope some pods take hold this time. If you see the beige colored pot in the b/g, you can see how far this pube branches out. It must have a span of @ 5 ft lateral growth :woohoo: Someone said yesterday that Locoto's (similar to Rocotos/both pubes[?]) sometimes take a season or two to produce. If thats true, I'm in no big hurry.

6200717173_fffd8b1203_z.jpg

Getting ready to harvest this Nambe Pueblo. I already have another plant waiting to use the pot :) The stems of these peppers are almost as big around as the stems on a bell pepper. Look at the diameter of the stem then look at the branch that it's emanating from :eek:

6201227770_5fac775896_z.jpg

Harvested the Nambe Pueblo today as the peppers were ripe & I needed the pot for my up & coming 7-Pots :) I'm told that they are quite mild on the heat scale but I'll put a few seeds aside in case I want to grow it again. I really like the way the foliage branches- out on this variety.

6211521100_46bc8b6000_z.jpg

the bigger pepper measured 3 1/4" or 8 1/2 cm long

6211521024_fa0d6a65b5_z.jpg

Getting ready to harvest this Nambe Pueblo. I already have another plant waiting to use the pot :) The stems of these peppers are almost as big around as the stems on a bell pepper. Look at the diameter of the stem then look at the branch that it's emanating from :eek:

6201227770_5fac775896_z.jpg

Congratulations David, they look wonderful. I love the blood red color. Mine had a few more pods, but they looked exactly the same and are very tasty. I am going to dry my pods and make enchilada sauce from them. The parents were 2 to 3 times longer and I don't know why ours were smaller. Maybe because they grew up in pots. The Northern NM chile gods are smiling on you now.
icon_smile.gif

Congratulations David, they look wonderful. I love the blood red color. Mine had a few more pods, but they looked exactly the same and are very tasty. I am going to dry my pods and make enchilada sauce from them. The parents were 2 to 3 times longer and I don't know why ours were smaller. Maybe because they grew up in pots. The Northern NM chile gods are smiling on you now.
icon_smile.gif
Thank you again. The pot seemed to be big enough but maybe it did limit the growth. I liked how it grew, pretty much perfectly symetrical :) The peppers are also the biggest peppers I've ever grown. :beer: Almost like small bell peppers :D The flesh on the bigger one does have a marvelous burgundy/filet mignon like color.

Rocoto flowering for the 2nd time. Hope some pods take hold this time. If you see the beige colored pot in the b/g, you can see how far this pube branches out. It must have a span of @ 5 ft lateral growth :woohoo: Someone said yesterday that Locoto's (similar to Rocotos/both pubes[?]) sometimes take a season or two to produce. If thats true, I'm in no big hurry.

6200717173_fffd8b1203_z.jpg
Looks like a handful of pods are taking hold. :woohoo: Will put some pics up @ wednesday.

looks like 2 pods have taken hold on the Rocoto. this is one of my older plants that has been interesting to watch:

6291939666_d7471e6211_z.jpg

6291420287_54074c9c13_z.jpg

they've gotten bigger than any of the others so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll grow to maturity.

Back