• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

2015 Pepper Hauls

Made a mistake though, the "not chocolate habs are actually the Not a 7pot yellows

Hot tequila sunrise

Bahamian Goats

White Bullet Habanero

Paper lanterns

MOA Bonnet

Aji Pineapple

Scotch Bonnets- plant they was saved from grew orange pods last year. This year it's reds and one plant with yellows. 

Fidalga roxa... jesus these plants are productive. Next year i'm only growing one. Early producers too. 

D3monic said:
Made a mistake though, the "not chocolate habs are actually the Not a 7pot yellows

Hot tequila sunrise

Bahamian Goats

White Bullet Habanero

Paper lanterns

MOA Bonnet

Aji Pineapple

Scotch Bonnets- plant they was saved from grew orange pods last year. This year it's reds and one plant with yellows. 

Fidalga roxa... jesus these plants are productive. Next year i'm only growing one. Early producers too. 

Demonic,

I have the same white habaneros and a bunch! What are you doing with them?

Alynne said:
Demonic,

I have the same white habaneros and a bunch! What are you doing with them?

They are too much a pain to deseed so I just cut the tops off them and tossed in the dehydrator. Will see how that turns out. 

D3monic said:
They are too much a pain to deseed so I just cut the tops off them and tossed in the dehydrator. Will see how that turns out.
I'm thinking ferment? Have stuck them in the freezer for now. Let me know how the drying goes.

well, i have yet to harvest any super hots yet. with the night time temps finally coming down below 85 in Dallas and back to the 70's, maybe my flowers will start setting some pods!

Tonight's pick

image.jpg

Clockwise, starting at noon: white habanero, Trinidad scorpion (see the tail on that top one!), Fish, chocolate cherry, Cochiti and Kind of Chilitipen (grew from last year's seed, they don't have the same teardrop shape, maybe a cross)
Oops, I missed the four little Goats Weed at 9 o'clock.
Just cut open the Trinidad Scorpion with the big tail. Took off a chunk the size of a lentil. Took one chomp, spit the rest and tears are pouring down my face. God bless yogurt. I can't even see straight. Wow!

Hopefully you wasn't wearing gloves... you will find out all the other horrible reasons we enjoy superhots mwhahahahahahahah. 

Most supers are too hot for me to heat straight up. But dehydrate and make into powders and they go great on just about anything. 

Yea not looking forward to temps next week. my Jays peach is fully loaded. Can't wait for them to ripen. Not sure if i'm going to dry them or make a killer sauce. 

I'm almost out of sauce again. the guys at work pounded the 10oz woozy I brought in. Only has a few drops left in it. 

I can't imagine I'm going to get very many more harvests in before production on plants stops. Still haven't got a ripe 7pot white , reaper, 7pot burgundy or the jays peach. I know for sure i'm only getting the one picking on those. 

This fall I will have to start those plants first or maybe over winter them.... in the other side of the basement because i'm not dealing with no aphids. 

D3monic said:
Still haven't got a ripe 7pot white , reaper, 7pot burgundy or the jays peach. I know for sure i'm only getting the one picking on those. 
Maybe something about IL, I don't have a ripe 7pot white, reaper, or jays peach and they were started in January.

Genetikx said:
Maybe something about IL, I don't have a ripe 7pot white, reaper, or jays peach and they were started in January.

So was mine. maybe we should start them early Dec. this year

Back