• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

2015 Plant out date

Mid April. I've just been bitten too many times by a late frost so I wait till then just in case. This year being warmer and earlier than most that will probably make me late but oh well.

chocolatescotchbonnet said:
April 25 - may 2, if it's warm enough. I'm running out of room!
I know the feeling.  Both my kids have South face windows in their rooms and they want their rooms back.  Grow room is full so have been migrating the bigger plants to windows.  Family is starting to get annoyed.

As my previous post stated, I was hoping for sometime this week. I haven't been able to do anything outside yet. Tomorrow is the last forecasted day with a sub-40 low, but things could always change.... looking at sometime during next week now.

If the weather cooperates I may push up plant out to this weekend. If we get too much rain though I'm not gonna plant in the mud. We had a pretty heavy rain last week though and the plot was drying out nicely. Holding water is my biggest worry this season growing for the first time at this house. It's part of the reason I'm going to use so many pots this year too.

My official last frost is supposedly May, 26th (the mostly safe date), but a 50% chance of last frost by May 10th according to the almanac. It's been a mild spring and I'll be watching closely around May 10th.

To be honest I feel like I could plant out right now... but I know it would be a gamble.  For now almost everything is outside sitting in their trays... prepared to be taken inside in the event of a cold night or two.

Noah Yates said:
To be honest I feel like I could plant out right now... but I know it would be a gamble.  For now almost everything is outside sitting in their trays... prepared to be taken inside in the event of a cold night or two.
That's when it hardest to resist. Knowing you will have to carry them in, yet again, and then bring them back out. You think, "it's so close, I'm sure I could just plant a couple". Before you know it, your trays are empty and you're checking the weather every 30 mins scared of frost lol.

I also thought to myself a gardener saying just 1 plant is like a guy saying just the tip

Back