• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2017 Grow List - Bris. Aus.

Hi all,

As a newcomer to chilli growing I have been bitten by the hot chilli bug badly this year.

I started some plants back in late 2016 after getting seeds abroad.

The whole venture is getting a bit out of hand but I've started two raised beds and just starting on a third bed among many pots too.

I'll put pictures up when I can but here is my current list:

S = seedling, V = vegetative, F = flowering/fruiting

1. Mucho Nacho jalapeno (F)
2. Aji amarillo (V)
3. Chocolate Douglah (F)
4. Firecracker jalapeno (F)
5. Cayenne Caysan (F)
6. Habanero (F)
7. Manzano (V)
8. Bhut jolokia (V)
9. Chocolate Brain Strain x Reaper (V)
10. Carolina Reaper (V)
11. Tabasco (F)
12. Siling Labuyo (F)
13. Trinidad Scorpion (V)
14. Siam yellow (F)
15. Peri peri (F)
16. Um Ji Put (S)
17. Star of Turkey (S)
18. Maras Biber (S)
19. Fushimi (S)
20. Butch T Scorpion (S)
21. Black Thai TQ (S)
22. Aji Lemon (S)
23. Bahamian Goat (S)
24. Bhut jolokia peach (S)
25. Chocolate Brain Strain (V)
26. Red Cap Mushroom (V)

Just a quick update. Have had plenty of little harvests and most are consumed before I think to take a pic and update.

IMG_1781_zpsyfbuhteb.jpg

A few of the types that have ripened. Chcoclate douglah x reaper; Trinidad Scorpion yellow CARDI; Bhut jolokia orange and white; Tabasco and Siling labuyo.

The yellow CARDI is the standout here. It has a beautiful texture and fruity flavour followed by a strong burn that is not nasty at all. Gives a sustained warm deep burn that is quite lovely.

The orange Bhut is similar but is not as satisfying flesh wise. The white Bhut has a great flavour but it's an intensely stinging burn that takes a minute or so to build to.

The Tabasco pops a whole bunch of juice into one's mouth that burns in a very pleasant way without the sting.

IMG_1782_zpsfy2dc14g.jpg

Some red Bhut jolokia, and chcolate douglah and chocolate douglahxreaper pods drying after seed removal. Some Tabascos also.

The chocolate reaper is insanely hot and is the only pod to have me reaching for a milk soother. I haven't been game to do a whole pod.

IMG_1783_zpsdsbcbxri.jpg

Finally I have a harvest like this every week of the white habanero that is also a real favourite. These have a burn and sting and some are so intense they can get my soft palate stinging with an all over sting. I enjoy one or two of these with every meal as they are perfect snack servings.

Fruits looking mighty fine! You're lucky that your season is still going up there in sunny QLD, I've had three mornings of frosts this week!

Keep the good stuff coming!

Back