• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2018 Southern Hemisphere Grow Down-Under

Hi All

It's getting to that stage where we need to plan the next growdown.

I can supply the Aji Cito seeds, but will need to get them posted pretty quick so get voting

I also have no issue if we go with something else, but will need to order in good time as it takes ages to get to NZ

If you vote 'Something Else' post a suggested variety

Poll closes Friday 27th April

General Rules
  • GROWDOWN BEGINS 21st JUNE
  • Seeds to be started on or after start date
  • Germinate and grow as many as you want
  • All grow styles and techniques welcome
  • Only one plant can count towards your entry
  • Nominate your growdown plant at first weigh in
  • Weigh each harvest, and post picture of pods on scales here
  • Heaviest total weight of pods in one year from start will be the winner
  • Honour system - If you cheat the Aphid Gods will know

Only one way to get a good start to a season.
775c210e2e73a6508f25b8d9212955da.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Getting ready for midnight in ten hours.
Keeping it very simple and straightforward this year.

- 2 plants in soil/ compost
- Pots from the start , for germination and growing
- 50/50 coco coir/compost mix

Pots all prepped and ready for midnight ,
Seeds from the Boss.
6dd189fbf2678b2803528ac2d583954a.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I've put four seeds in my shed window, on top of a very low powered heat pad, and four more inside a mini greenhouse which is sitting inside my bigger greenhouse. Fingers crossed for germination - it's 12 degrees C during the day and 0 degrees C overnight.

Attachments

• IMG_20180623_133045.jpg
    IMG_20180623_133045.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20180623_133121.jpg
    IMG_20180623_133121.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 59
Damn I'm 2 days late I forgot with so much other stuff going on-guess I'm starting the 23rd. Heat treating the seeds at 130° as we speak! Figure what the hell I already am overrun with plants might as well start a couple other varieties of unique/rare seed ive been itching to try but promised myself I wouldn't start anymore! 100 plants is enough my perverted landlord dude prolly ready to throw me out! Or go spray his damn 2,4-d just to Sabatoge me... No joke! Damn southern hemisphere USA people can really be some type of work I tell ya.. Not all just the ones I am unfortunate enough to have to live around.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

timnz said:
I've put four seeds in my shed window, on top of a very low powered heat pad, and four more inside a mini greenhouse which is sitting inside my bigger greenhouse. Fingers crossed for germination - it's 12 degrees C during the day and 0 degrees C overnight.

I always germ the seeds inside the house without a heat mat and they do great. An example is last seasons grow, I sowed in December (dead of winter here) and the house stayed around 69°. When they stand up they go under the lights. This is my first summer run, so I'm guessing they go outside as soon as they pop.

Devv said:
Make sure you view that with your magnifying glass for an hour or so.....of course in the bright sun :D

You all over me Devv.

That's how they germinated so quick ... really it does work. Give it a go and by tomorrow you'll have some action.  :seeya:

Back