• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2019 the year of the Scotch Bonnet

I have more than enough SB seeds now, way more than I have room to grow for, so I decided to create a poll to let you people help me in selecting the most interesting varieties! :)

I'm not going to start my grow just yet, that will have to wait for somewhere in February. That is, if I can wait that long! :D

I want to limit my grow to 10 varieties. I can stretch this to 12 if absolutely neccessary but I prefer not to.

So let me know what you think!

Yes temperatures will climb a bit higher again the next couple of days. Let's hope the plants will start producing some more pods. Of course it's already a bit later in the season, which means fewer hours of sunlight.

I did taste my first proper papa dreadie today and I think I'm hooked to the taste! Really delicious citrusy and a decent heat. In the next couple of days I will also be able to taste a scotch brains. I'm really curious to know what that will be like!

Aren't these beauties? No bonnets but Jeromin, the variety used to make the hot version of pimenton de la vera. Excellent al round chillies these are!

The papa dreadie is starting to produce now by the way... better late than never... :D
a053f6b679702d0e3f9e9a2c71bf2baa.jpg

This is only a fraction of the harvest of one plant by the way...

MarcV said:
Aren't these beauties? No bonnets but Jeromin, the variety used to make the hot version of pimenton de la vera. Excellent al round chillies these are!

The papa dreadie is starting to produce now by the way... better late than never... :D
a053f6b679702d0e3f9e9a2c71bf2baa.jpg
Those pods are nice looking indeed.  I would say my Stuffers have been my best producing Bonnets so far (out of 18 plants). TFMs are distant second.  From an overall productivity standpoint my Bhuts, assorted Ajis, Habs, Annuums and Reapers have far out performed my Bonnets this year.  

ShowMeDaSauce said:
I went with Scotch Brains and TFMs to go with my Dreadies from last year. Have to say the TFMs were a good one to try. Scotch Brain is ok but not as sweet or fruity. Got several nice early pods though.
Tastewise, how does the TFM compare to the P.dreadie?

Looks like we are experiencing the same issues
with bonnets this season. Slow start with poor
growing weather, long stall, and just in the past
week or so beginning to set pods.

Good luck to all getting some more produce
Out of the bonnets.

Marc sorry to hear you are short on bonnets besides a few Black River. This season is not as good as last. I certainly have the pods but they are slow to colour. The Walton and Falmouth are both doing well .... especially the Walton which has a good shape .. Falmouth similar to the Black River

Will update my glog and show you

Bicycle808 said:
I enjoyed your GLog thus far, Marc.

My cat doesn't overturn pepper plants, but he loves to graze on them. He prefers the tender young leaves found saving the newest growth, but all leaves are fair game. I have to keep the door to my grow room closed bc of him, and he has been known to take advantage of even two minute security lapses during the shuffle to harden plants off.

He's lucky he's cute.
Oh man, mine does too. He knows exactly what he's coming for as well. If I don't pay attention and I've left the door open even the slightest.. He's like a laser guided missile. A quick dash, jump and bite. Over in a few seconds. Bastard.

And, like you said: he's lucky he is so cute.

OT: Great to hear the Chinense are finally picking up, Marc. Good looking pods too. Here's to hoping the summer has a nice afterburn in store for us here in the lowlands.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn PRA-LX1 met Tapatalk

Trident chilli said:
Marc sorry to hear you are short on bonnets besides a few Black River. This season is not as good as last. I certainly have the pods but they are slow to colour. The Walton and Falmouth are both doing well .... especially the Walton which has a good shape .. Falmouth similar to the Black River

Will update my glog and show you

Have you been able to taste the Walton and Falmouth?

b3rnd said:
Oh man, mine does too. He knows exactly what he's coming for as well. If I don't pay attention and I've left the door open even the slightest.. He's like a laser guided missile. A quick dash, jump and bite. Over in a few seconds. Bastard.

And, like you said: he's lucky he is so cute.

OT: Great to hear the Chinense are finally picking up, Marc. Good looking pods too. Here's to hoping the summer has a nice afterburn in store for us here in the lowlands.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn PRA-LX1 met Tapatalk

It's good to see the growth pick up but I wonder if it's not just too late in the season now...

Back