• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2024 Glog!!!

Hello All,

Well, it's that time of year to start pulling out the Heaters and Grow tent to get them super hots and long-season peppers started... I will be starting my adventure on or around the first of the year. I'm just getting things cleaned up and ready. Clearing out old seedsio logs, and waiting on the seed train to see what I want to grow from there. Reviewing my notes from this year's grow season to see what changes I need to make. I will say I have chosen a few plants to over winter. I will be changing my garden's layout this year... and supplementing the beds a bit differently. I know I want to try my hand at goji berry this year... both black and red. I had an interesting hot sauce made with them and I want to try to make a version myself. I know I want to get my hands on some of Matt's sweet bonnets. LOL ok ok I'm rambling and spitballing ideas but ... it's time to get things ready and looking forward to this year's growing season...

Good Luck to you all in this year's upcoming growing season and may your plants be full and fruitful, and bad bug-free.

(P.S.) more pictures and better logs to come.

Thanks and happy growing
JGundo

Well Sorry for the late update, but I'm still waiting on the seed train and a few seeds that I ordered... as soon as I have everything in order I will do a full write-up on my game plan for the year. I will be doing the Full set of the Space chilis so that's something New...P.S. it will not be as massive as it was last year.. LOL

Glad to see your season underway, Josh. Good luck this time around.
I'm dragging my own feet at the moment :cry:

Ok here is round 1 of seeds / I'm going kinda big this year, as I have a few co-workers who want plants... I'm hoping for this early spring..

For those who have asked how I keep my seeds organized, I use the binder method but I'm looking into seed vile storage... as it seems cleaner.

As far as the software I use to keep track of notes, germ times, and plants... I use seedsio.com there is a learning curve to it.. but once you get it it's fast and easy...
Screenshot 2024-02-11 100612.png
Screenshot 2024-02-11 100839.png
Screenshot 2024-02-11 100914.png

I'm looking at 3 rounds of seeds this year, but I saved room in Tray # E for the 2024 Grow-down seeds as soon as I receive them... I'm hoping to pull a good plant from them and see if I can hold my own as a grower ...lol (right we all know who is going to win) LOL

As far as my growing method, Seed soak, to root riot plugs, to pots all in a grow tent, Moved to a heated Greenhouse once they are at least 6 full sets of leaves tall, then to Ground once the weather is good. I do not top them I just let them go.

Last growing season I found this to be the best method here where I'm at in Zone 8b.

Anyway, if you have any thoughts or questions feel free to hit me up have a good one and I wish the best to you all this growing season.

Here is a quick 1 week update:
Screenshot 2024-02-18 075711.png
Screenshot 2024-02-18 075827 - Copy.png
Screenshot 2024-02-18 075916.png

So far so good, Still waiting on the challenge Peppers seeds : Im hoping to have them planted as soon as I receive them so the will be added to the List.

Round 2 hopefully will be started next Sunday...

Sunday is kinda my big plant Date... with any Lunck I will be able to have all of these moved to a larger Try to make space for Round 2...

thanks all and I will do my next update next Sunday!

Happy growing season all

Great progress, Josh! Your documentation is impeccable!

Back