• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

.22 LR conversion for the Glock 17

Here it is, kiddies.....in all it's glory. The Advantage Arms .22 LR conversion slide and magazine for my Glock 17!!! It's a prefect fit....and will save me money with every pull of the trigger. ( I also added Trijicon sights.......you know, for good measure! :party: )
IMG_3913.jpg
IMG_3914.jpg
IMG_3915.jpg
IMG_3916.jpg
IMG_3917.jpg

What is the purpose?
Cheap plinking ammo?

Recoil would be different than other calibers the kit changes the pistol not to shoot.

Seems like it is only cheaper to shoot but if used in any of the other calibers it originally comes in ,it might screw you up as far as being familiar with the higher caliber round you might be depending on for dark thirty , home protection purposes.

I'd say use it for fun at .22 , but burn a few rounds of the other caliber your gun was made for too.

Just to make sure your 2nd chest or whatever shot in the higher cal. does go where it needs to go,not through a wall in your kids room because the recoil or whatever different round put your aim off.

I wonder if since the maker of the conversion kit,being in CA. (30 miles away from me) is trying to make it so people who convert from 9mm or whatever to .22 can keep their pistol if the laws change.
I'd guess conversion kits might be over looked technically by law on a cal. law if the owner said they converted to .22 and had gotten rid of the other cal. stuff.
Basically a come and prove my .22 conversion isn't all I own...

The state,CA,tried to make the sale of ALL 9mm ammo illegal a few years back.
Feds might try it this time.
I don't know.
The feds are trying to sell the new gun laws as what a lot of states already have in place.
I wouldn't be at all supprised if they are only advertising that and will actually make a lot of stuff illegal with add on crap that gets added on too.

oh man, plz tell me that mag holds like 30 rounds.
I wish!!! Nope....just 10 rounds....and the magazines are getting stupid high!! (as are the kits..IF you can find one!)
AWESOME!!!! How's she shoot?
I just got it last night... I'll get back to you on that one, but I've seen many videos on this and the Advantage Arms kit seems to work the best. Also, it comes with genuine Glock sights (which I changed) and the same dimensions.....although it's a good bit lighter.
What is the purpose?
Cheap plinking ammo?
YES!!! WOOO HOOO!!!! :party:

What is the purpose?
Cheap plinking ammo?

Recoil would be different than other calibers the kit changes the pistol not to shoot.

Seems like it is only cheaper to shoot but if used in any of the other calibers it originally comes in ,it might screw you up as far as being familiar with the higher caliber round you might be depending on for dark thirty , home protection purposes.

I'd say use it for fun at .22 , but burn a few rounds of the other caliber your gun was made for too.

Just to make sure your 2nd chest or whatever shot in the higher cal. does go where it needs to go,not through a wall in your kids room because the recoil or whatever different round put your aim off.

I wonder if since the maker of the conversion kit,being in CA. (30 miles away from me) is trying to make it so people who convert from 9mm or whatever to .22 can keep their pistol if the laws change.
I'd guess conversion kits might be over looked technically by law on a cal. law if the owner said they converted to .22 and had gotten rid of the other cal. stuff.
Basically a come and prove my .22 conversion isn't all I own...

The state,CA,tried to make the sale of ALL 9mm ammo illegal a few years back.
Feds might try it this time.
I don't know.
The feds are trying to sell the new gun laws as what a lot of states already have in place.
I wouldn't be at all supprised if they are only advertising that and will actually make a lot of stuff illegal with add on crap that gets added on too.

I am going to completely disagree with part of this. I used to shoot competitively and a 22 was how I would work out the kinks in my trigger control and follow through, sight tracking, even transitions. I remember a japanese guy won the steel challenge. He practiced with air-soft, came to the states, borrowed a gun, and beat everybody.
I taught my wife to shoot with a 22. We were with some friends and he brought out the 1911. I was leary about my <90lb wife shooting it. She out shot everyone.

a 22 is for people who are serious about practice.

bummer!
that keltec pistol holds a nutty 30 rounds of 22 mag i believe. im surprised they couldn't jigger out a mag that could do better than 10.

Back