• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

3 gallon pots OK for this?

They are some awesome pics! Such a great technique. Used a lot with grape vines. Wonder how far you could take a chilli plant?

makes it really easy to pick fruit!

I've got to rush and pull in all the plants and do a harvest too since its going to hit 30F on Saturday night. Waay too early this year ! :tear:

boostdemon said:
makes it really easy to pick fruit!

I've got to rush and pull in all the plants and do a harvest too since its going to hit 30F on Saturday night. Waay too early this year ! :tear:
Hello, fellow North Carolinian. Doing the same this evening in Charlotte.

Typically when I start seeds they go into 1.5" square pots w/good potting soil. Once they get a couple inches high I put them into 1 gallon round plastic pots. As soon as I see roots starting to show at the drain holes I move them up to 3 gallon rounds. My habs can get up to 3 feet tall and I get enough pods for personal used and to share with friends. I got some beautiful seeds recently from Judy aka Pepperlover and after looking at some glogs here I'm probably going to step up to 5 or 7 gallon rounds and even put some favorites into 15 gallon rounds.

I just ordered 75 3 gal fabric pots for the price I'd pay to make em. I'll let you know how they do Coach. Going to have some 5 gallon bucket grows from the same seedstock to compare plantsize at the end of the season too.

Slizarus said:
I just ordered 75 3 gal fabric pots for the price I'd pay to make em. I'll let you know how they do Coach. Going to have some 5 gallon bucket grows from the same seedstock to compare plantsize at the end of the season too.
I ended up ordering 3 gallon grow bags. For the price, I couldn't pass it up. Also, the dimensions allow me to put 3 in each flat for drainage. I'll keep looking for other options & I'm going to try to weasel my way into a corner of someone else's greenhouse for more space. For 30 cents each, the grow bags were too hard to pass up. If I change my mind before I need them no big loss.

Back