• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant 3 plants. 3 possibilities. Can you help me?

Hello, and good evening to all,

So with myself being the unorganized fool that I am, I neglected to label 3 of my pepper plants. Three possiblities are, Kung Poa hybrid, Scotch bonnet, and Santa Fe Grande. The dern leaves on so many pepper plants look so alike, so I have no hunches. Anyone wanna take a shot at it?

Plant 1:
DSCN4042.jpg

DSCN4052.jpg

Plant 2:
DSCN4051.jpg

DSCN4043.jpg

DSCN4049.jpg

Plant 3:
This one clearly has some issues. The leaves are wrinkly and do not look like they're doing well. Also leaf miner!
DSCN4044.jpg

DSCN4047.jpg

DSCN4054.jpg

DSCN4055.jpg

At least its a multiple choice question and not a fill in the blank! Any ideas?

Ok, after looking at those pics, I can clearly see how my plant resembles nothing of a Scotch Bonnet. I wonder what exactly is sold from pepperjoe. Wrong seeds? Or perhaps its just some weird type. Who knows. I do know that now I need to find seeds for a scotch bonnet.

Anyone have scotch bonnet seeds available? Message me and I can tell you what I have to trade.

To be honest, i would trust the leaf shape al that much either, i have butch t's, which at one point and super big leafs, now the are tiny and look leafs like all the other pepper plants. best bet is to wait until fruits to be 100% sure. I know it kind sucks having to wait, but if they pots dont come out to shape, tr to email him, and let him know of yoru problem, and he most likely will replace them, Just drop him a line when it fruits and make sure. Cause my butch t's had weird leaves (while indoor) but oudoor the shrunk. So i just not know if just the temp and theyshrank to help stop from expireing what or what nto.

+1 in annuum

Greg mine are a little leggy due to them beig covered from the light for about a week. Yours look so bushy. The one in te middle. Is they the "march" JSB?!

Nope............these were from the seeds my bro-in-law brought back from Jamaica ( Montego Bay) middle of June.......I planted 12 total. the rest are in a raised bed outdoors. These are the ones that spend 12 hrs outside and 12 under my T8's . They're are growing pretty dense. You have these seeds also....

Greg

Mine are 6 weeks. (July 15)

So since this post I have planted another "scotch bonnet" from Pepper Joe and sure enough its showing traits of c. annuum rather than c. chinense.

I took a picture of the "scotch bonnet" next to a habanero and as you see the leaves just don't match.

"bonnet" left

2012-09-29092408.jpg

2012-09-29092412.jpg

I wonder if I just got the wrong seeds, or if this is what he is selling as a scotch... I know not. I guess I shall contact him.

So since this post I have planted another "scotch bonnet" from Pepper Joe and sure enough its showing traits of c. annuum rather than c. chinense.

I took a picture of the "scotch bonnet" next to a habanero and as you see the leaves just don't match.

"bonnet" left

2012-09-29092408.jpg

2012-09-29092412.jpg

I wonder if I just got the wrong seeds, or if this is what he is selling as a scotch... I know not. I guess I shall contact him.

There have been other threads raised about the Scotch Bonnet seed from this vendor. The low quality photo on the vendors site depicts pods of the C. Annuum Jamaican Yellow. Seems though I've already mentioned this in this thread before.

So would you say this this IS the correct plant as advertised?

I'm of the opinion that C. Annuum varieties should not be advertised as Scotch Bonnet. I've purchased seeds from a different vendor in the past where the description was that of the C. Chinense but my seeds produced C. Annuum plants. I eventually sampled home grown Scotch Bonnets thanks to the generosity of another member who sent me SBTFM seeds to grow.

Back