• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3CTX's 2015 7 Pot Onslaught

Howdy and welcome folks!!! I decided to keep this glog going for 2015 instead of starting a new one. This year i will be growing mostly 7 pot varieties, going to try and focus on the 7 pot varieties and 7 pot crosses anyway. I have starts for a few others though. The start for 2015 begins on page 35.

Grow list:
7 pot primo (pepperlover)
7 pot jonah (pepperlover)
Defcon 7 (buckeye)
MA daisycutter (buckeye)
7 pot original (pepperlover)
7 Pot Barrackpore (pepperlover)
Sb7j (meathead)
7 pot gigantic sr orange (refining fire)
7 pot wes (refining fire)
Sherwoods Carbonero, carbon bhut 7 pot x orange hab (pepper t sherwood)
Bonda ma Jacques x yellow 7 pot (meathead)
Non 7 pots:
MOA scotch bonnet (meathead)
Smokin Eds carolina reaper (Ed Currie)
Safi Red (buckeye)
Black Hungarian (meathead)
Bishops Crown (pepperlover)
explosive Ember (buckeye)

I think thats it for now. I'm not planning on doing a hydro grow this season but its still to early to tell (probably end up doing one dwc).
i will also be experimenting with topping this year just to see what all the hype is about. Thats all i got for now, thanks again for stopping by any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Good luck to everyone this year.

Well its been a little while since I've updated, been a little busy with other obligations.
So let's start with the PODS!!!!
black Hungarians continue to load up.

I have a feeling I'll have my hands full with those.
Here is a crappy pic of one of the reapers.

I almost killed this reaper, it got tucked away in the back and didn't get water for a while, she was half dead when I found her, I mean looked real bad. You can see some of the growth that didn't make it but she seems to have bounced back okay.

Decided to let a bishops crown flower.

7 pot Wes

Sherwoods carbonero, I think these are gonna be great producers, I've got two and they are both growing very well and I pull buds off daily

Got some more ripe explosive embers, these are definitely edible ornamentals I really like the flavor of these.

And a group photo of the 7 pots, I had to top most of them again because they were outgrowing their tiny grow space, that weird spindly one is a 7 pot Wes and if you can see one of the topped branches has looped over and failed to grow anymore leaves but the branch continues to grow.

Gonna put a few test subjects out this weekend God willing and weather permitting.

Those plants are just screaming to be outside. Hopefully the cold will be a done deal this time around....

I agree Scott, might need to resist the urge to start seeds so early next season lol. I know we have another front coming tomorrow night, but I am still gonna put a few out at least, the piquin my boss gave me last year is still outside and it hasn't hardly changed, could use some ferts but still looks good.

I put a few of the babies outside Friday afternoon, it was cloudy all day yesterday so they haven't really seen much of the sun but they are getting a taste of rain today. I wasn't going to do tomatoes this year but..... H.E.B. had Cherokee purple seedlings for 2.99 so I bought one just for the heck of it. So right now outside I've got the Cherokee purple, a reaper, sherwoods carbonero, and a Safi red. I'll try and move some more out through out the week.

Why? Take too much room?

Yeah I have a lot of pepper plants I want to keep and not that much space. Last year, the day I went to pick my Toms the freakin birds destroyed everyone of them so that kind of put me off. But we will see how this one does I guess.

Put a couple more out today, primo and an explosive ember.

The Safi red is a little stressed, not gonna worry too much the others did the same when they first went out.

My stepdaughter helped me pull weeds out back and even managed to harvest 2 explosive embers lol.

That's all for now folks!!!
Edit: almost forgot, had my first two bishops crowns set also

Woo-hoo looks like I will get to try a black Hungarian tonight!!! Got a pleasant surprise this morning.
Found this one ripening yesterday.

And then behind it I found this one this morning.

Looks like we will have a little explosive ember harvest as well.

I've only got room for a couple more outside I'm gonna have to find homes for a few of them.

That's all I got for now!

Lookin real good man! I really like those grow bags. If I had less plants, I'd definitely invest in those. But, with 100 plants I'm gonna have to stick to wally bags at 50cents each.

These cloudy days are making it easy to start hardening off, are yours already done and ready for the summer?

Lookin great 3c, glad you've been able to get some babies outside. I'm thinking this week I'm gonna start hardening mine, keep em green

Thanks brother!
Lookin real good man! I really like those grow bags. If I had less plants, I'd definitely invest in those. But, with 100 plants I'm gonna have to stick to wally bags at 50cents each.

These cloudy days are making it easy to start hardening off, are yours already done and ready for the summer?

Thanks! Yeah these grow bags are nice but they are pretty pricey, I think I might have room for 2 more outside but I'll probably stick those in some 3 gallon pots from last year. As far as hardening off I just stuck em outside and left em, the overcast weather has helped, the Safi red struggled a little bit when the sun came out but it should be alright.

Time for an update, been a bit busy, work is picking up. I got everything outside I'm gonna grow, the last few that were left inside went in the compost bucket.
Let's get to the pictures

Here is everything outside

hit em with a little compost tea yesterday

Harvested the rest of the black Hungarians and the last couple embers.

This pic came out kinda crappy but the bishops crown is loading up pretty good

So is sherwoods carbonero

And the bonda MA Jacques x 7 just chilling

Everything else is just vegging right now I'll update on them later!
Thanks for stopping by.

Alrighty time for an update, found my first Carolina reaper pod.
It's a wittle tiny one.

Also found a daisycutter that set

One of my sherwoods carbonero is loaded down the other has just started to set pods.

One of the carbonero pods dropped for some reason, so naturally I had to taste it, it was pretty bitter but it was extremely underdeveloped.

Primo is looking real nice right now and starting to flower as well

Explosive ember is flowering nicely for a second time

I repotted the tomato, reaper, Safi red and moa because the soil they were in sucked and was mostly sticks. I picked up some of this stuff yesterday and mixed it in while repotting and also mixed it in with the others as well

We will see how it does...

Looks like things are progressing nicely. You got a leg up on my grow for sure, diggin those explosive embers, really nice lookin plant. Keep on keepin on!

Back