• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

3rd degree burn Bacon Chorizo tacos

This one is a favorite of mine, so I figured I'd go ahead and share it on here. The ingredients are simple, as is the cooking/prep work. What's needed?

Onion, diced (this is flexible, add how ever much or little as you feel is needed for your own personal taste, I usually use 1/4th of a cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Chocolate Ghost pepper diced
2 butch ts diced (again, flexible here. it's the peppers that were in my freezer, any super hot should do)
1/4th pound thick cut bacon
1 pound Chorizo
Whatever other seasonings you prefer (I state it this way because different stores prep their chorizo differently, good chorizo won't need anything extra)

I'm not going to tell you what to top your tacos with, we all have our preferences, just going to tell you how to prep what's going IN to the tacos. YOU know if you like sour cream, guac, salsa, tomatoes, or whatever else on it.

First, chop the bacon down into 1/2" chunks. Toss those into a skillet over medium heat with the diced ghost pepper and stir occasionally until cooked to your personal preference of done-ness (i.e. if you want crispy, cook it that way. If you like it just done, cook it til then). Do NOT drain as a lot of the heat from that ghost is in the grease. Now toss in the chorizo, garlic, onion and butch ts and continue stirring occasionally until cooked. When done, don't drain it, serve as is.

Top with whatever you feel like; cheese, sour cream, salsa, guac, whatever floats your boat. Just be warned, the bacon will be brutal as it absorbs that ghost pepper like you wouldn't believe.

Back