• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

4-5 exotic varieties to grow next year - help me choose

This year I started growing. The strain I started with is a red carribean habanero, and 20 of them are going strong. For the next year I'm planning to grow something else (will try to overwinter 2-3 habs from this year though).

I'd love if you can recommend me some interesting varieties. They can be anything - interesting in color, shape, have a cool name... Anything you can think of is welcomed :D

They don't need to be super hots. Sweet, mild, medium hot, super hot - it's all fine really.

So far I was thinking to maybe get my hands on  - white ghost pepper and a purple bell pepper seeds, but as said - suggestions welcomed :)

I'd recommend the aleppo pepper - specifically the landrace strain that Ford's Fiery Foods sells.  It's important to save that pepper because with all the issues in Syria the seed stock is becoming hard to find.

Another landrace pepper I'd encourage you to try is the Alcalde - available from Midwest Chile Heads.

Both the above peppers are pretty mild - roasting type chiles that are family friendly.

Hotter varieties I love include Bahamian Goat, Murupi Amarela and Jamaican Gold.  All are hab + level heat but not superhots.  

Purple Beauty is a nice purple bell that I've grown with good results.  

Best of luck!  :) 

I'll have to say chile de agua(mex),sadabahar(india),moa scotch bonnet(jamaica) and habanero Galapagos.The supers and sweets that's a whole new ballgame or two...

pimenta de neyde and cheiro roxa are two funky looking plants. plants standout amongst other green plants as they are purple leaf and stem. both varieties seem to be stretching upwards and have produced strong flowers early. reminds me of my first goatsweed with olive coloured, fuzzy leaves - you just find yourself staring at the uniqueness of the plant variety.

you can see many reviews on both varieties. i picked up my seeds from pepperlover but it looks like refining chilies has them as well as semillas.de.

good luck with whatever you choose.

Back