• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

4 new trees in 20 gal containers

It's 3 1/2 hour drive for me.  Maybe I'll bump into you there.  I'm one of those "pepper people are the best" there.  :P

I just picked up a really nice Bacon Avocado tree in a 5 gallon that I just put in a 20 gallon. I'm expecting it to really grow nice this year and maybe even produce a few avocado's this season. I might also ad a Haas to the yard :). I currently have a Wurtz( Little Cado) a Mexicola and a Bacon.

Here are the avocado's now. First pic is the Bacon I picked up yesterday, second is the mexicola and third the Wurtz(Little Cado). A co-worked is dropping off his 5 foot avocado tree later this moth. It hasn't produced any fruit yet. I told him he could borrow my yard and bees for spring so his tree could get pollinated.   :)

Here is an update on my dwarf meyer in the container. I'm really happy with the flavor and production on this little tree.

Attachments

• avocado.JPG
    avocado.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 88
  • avocado1.JPG
    avocado1.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 89
  • avocado2.JPG
    avocado2.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 89
  • meyer.JPG
    meyer.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 93
smokenmirraz said:
That Meyer lemon is fully loaded!  Mine is in it's first season and I've left one fruit.
Give it some nutes and a large enough container and you should be good to go. My citrus trees are doing good so far in the containers and I have 4 of them.

I found a Pinkerton avocado tree I'm pickin up this afternoon . It was lonely all by itself and needed a loving home :)

Its the Charlie Brown Christmas tree variety and it came with a lifetime guarantee so its a win, win.

SavinaRed said:
I scored a Holiday Avocado tree today. I'm set now with Avocados for year around eating. :)

Wurtz- May-Sept
Pinkerton- Nov-April
Mexicola- Aug-Oct
Holiday- Sept- Dec
Bacon- Oct- Feb

That would be something I'd love to have.  Currently around $3 for a Hass avocado at the local supermarkets :(

My meyer lemon didn't produce very well here and I eventually killed it. yours looks great. 

When we lived in AZ we had a handfull of mature citrus trees, 3 orange, 1 tangelo, 2 grapefruit and a lemon tree. The lemon tree produced some monster lemons. Come dec any fruits left on the tree would snap branches off. I miss that tree, I looked up the property and what ever jerks bought it down the line cut down all the trees and just threw down gravel. 

D3monic said:
My meyer lemon didn't produce very well here and I eventually killed it. yours looks great. 

When we lived in AZ we had a handfull of mature citrus trees, 3 orange, 1 tangelo, 2 grapefruit and a lemon tree. The lemon tree produced some monster lemons. Come dec any fruits left on the tree would snap branches off. I miss that tree, I looked up the property and what ever jerks bought it down the line cut down all the trees and just threw down gravel. 
bummer they got rid of the trees. my goal is to keep all my citrus and avocados in containers so that I can move them around depending upon the weather. I don;t want any of them larger than 8-10 feet.

mpicante said:
Fine looking trees.Great assortment of fruit.Now i need to buy an avocado tree
you live in the best area and selection available for growing avocados. I'd have an orchard of them if I lived in so cal :)

I added my 6th and final avocado tree to my yard . I found a really nice Stuart that is very cold tolerant and doesn't grow to large. So I now have the following varieties :

Bacon
Holiday
Mexicola
Pinkerton
Stuart
Wurtz

Added the weekend of 2/27

Hass
Fuerte

I need serious help. I just went to Home Depot with my wife for some flowers and paint and I came back with another blueberry bush(I have 5 now) and a Hass Avocado tree they had on sale for $24.99 :)

I just couldn't control myself and the wifey like hass rofl....................................

I'm finally done buying trees for the yard. The last one is a Gold Nugget Mandarin which is the sweetest seedless that are grown. I ordered one that came in yesterday which is pictured in the middle. On the right is another favorite which is the Satsuma Mandarin and on the left is the dwarf Washington navel orange. 

Attachments

• citrus.jpg
    citrus.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 83
Back