• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

$50.00 Chip Challenge ???

The Hot Pepper said:

What then?

I think I already answered that.  I am trying to understand how it works so I can do much the same.  Same reason I was so interested in The Last Dab and other hot merchandise by The Hot Ones.  Absolutely amazing.  Used to be you produced a product, sent money to advertise it, and then crossed your fingers.  Now, you make money off the advertising itself.  So now there is a chip that sells on ebay for fifty bucks a pop.  People advertise it for free with their youtube videos.  When it is back in stock, people buying it for five bucks a chip will be all like: Cool, now I can buy it for a reasonable price.  Again: Amazing!

You want to know what's going to happen, Paqui will come with yet another one chip challenge at a later date. These dopes in the inter web will do the same. They were just test the market. With the whole new craze of organic this and gluten free that this millenials need to entertain themselves with something other than their miserable a live. I say grow some TRS, or CRS, pepper dry them make it a powder and put on some plain Tostitos and see if you out do Paqui. Heck yeah you will. But the pussy cats with their safe space can even grow a nose hair properly .

Anyway my two cents.

CAPCOM said:

How is failing to produce a product on a continuous basis considered marketing. I call it DROPPING THE BALL. or FUMBLING. there is obviously a market out there for a product they are no longer making or profiting from.

CAPCOM said:
Well my friends, it didn't work. I never bought any of the aforementioned products and am less likely to now.
I would have bought a bottle of Tabasco scorpion sauce, but they ran out. And now I am no longer interested so that marketing scheme if it really was one failed and actually cost them a sale.

Yes, It may be only one person and or one sale. But it is also no loss to me.   In the end game, I think I win cause I didn't play.

Scorpion sauce is back u missed the black friday sale :P but 30% off right now https://countrystore.tabasco.com/TABASCOsupreg_sup-Scorpion-Sauce/productinfo/03132/

Paqui did a one chip challenge it was not product for selling in a bag, it went viral and got their name out, as was the plan. So yes it worked. Maybe it will return, but these challenges are fads, the one chip can't be around forever, a new one will prob need to be even hotter.

AJ Drew said:
I think I already answered that.  I am trying to understand how it works so I can do much the same. 

Not sure... but

The person here who I see this working for is the maker of Pure Evil. It needs a good challenge attached, and to be sent to an influencer so it can be copycatted x times over by all the idiots.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
I liked that just so I could UNlike it. Then I liked it again.

The power of hashtags is pretty amazing.

The Hot Pepper said:

Scorpion sauce is back u missed the black friday sale :P but 30% off right now https://countrystore.tabasco.com/TABASCOsupreg_sup-Scorpion-Sauce/productinfo/03132/

Paqui did a one chip challenge it was not product for selling in a bag, it went viral and got their name out, as was the plan. So yes it worked. Maybe it will return, but these challenges are fads, the one chip can't be around forever, a new one will prob need to be even hotter.
Like I said, no longer interested. I was on their site from midnight till 1 am to make the purchase on the first availability which never happened. By the time I g otnhhome that day it was sold out. I make a valiant 1st attempt at offerings and then pffft.

The Hot Pepper said:
I don't like Tabasco, never went to order. The Chipotle is okay, but so many better makers on here.
I wonder if maybe you don't like the Tabasco sauce style but you might like the pepper itself or the pepper in another style?  Since coming home from the Army and having access to a fridge, I havent been much on the traditional higher acid thin hot sauces.  Found this place, found some of its sauce makers, and now I am not even much for the so called artisan sauces at the grocery stores.

The sauce itself sounds gross.....and what are "scorpion peppers"? Are they supposed to be Trinidad scorpions?

t0mato said:
The sauce itself sounds gross.....and what are "scorpion peppers"? Are they supposed to be Trinidad scorpions?

In full commercial settings, Scorpion seems to have gone the way of the Ghost pepper.  The name seems to have become almost generic.  Have purchased so called ghost peppers at Krogers just to see if they tasted as habanero as they looked.  Sure enough, they tasted habanero.

Thing is, I am not so sure it is a bad thing that big commerce is acting this way.  It lets folk like the saucers here at THP better able to compete by offering such a superior product.  Would plug a few but I dont want to miss someone.

The one chip challenge is no than a novelty to me. It is something I would probably gift that smart ass employee, vendor or colleague knowing full and well they will video tape it, post it, so I can laugh at them. Great marketing absolutely, a consumer product not on your life. Longevity... zero.

Crispee-FL said:
The one chip challenge is no than a novelty to me. It is something I would probably gift that smart ass employee, vendor or colleague knowing full and well they will video tape it, post it, so I can laugh at them. Great marketing absolutely, a consumer product not on your life. Longevity... zero.

Now that you said that, I could see spending five bucks to mix it into a chip bowl at a party and wait for the bomb to go off.  Thing is, I am evil that way.

AJ Drew said:

Now that you said that, I could see spending five bucks to mix it into a chip bowl at a party and wait for the bomb to go off.  Thing is, I am evil that way.

No, 4 or 5 of them. there are always that few who will say"You pussy, I've been eating these all night!" and proceed to show off and shove several more in their mouths. If your going to set off a bomb, you may as well set off a few nukes.

You guys seen this yet? Catfish Cooley does the Paqui chip challenge? (same dude that ate the Reapers and drank a fifth of Fireball)

LOTS OF FOUL LANGUAGE.

https://youtu.be/4a46x5I5C4I

Back