• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics 6 week old Habanero..Is it healthy? *PICS*

This is so far my proudest achievment in the Pepper world!! A Habanero that actually grew wit me..This pepper was used for a experiment in a science project it was watered with water only..so this is one of the three dat survived..LOL..But i was wondering if it looks healthy..Cuz im not very good yer nor experiance..lol

Haba #1 The biggest Pot
IMG_0130.jpg

Haba #2 Small-Medium Pot
IMG_0131.jpg

Haba #3 SMall Medium Pot
IMG_0137.jpg

Cayenne Seedlings-There all being transplanted in there own Jiffy Pot filled wth potting soil today..since there long and skinny..:lol: and will get full direct light..:D

IMG_0134.jpg

Nice science project. I wish I was a chile geek when I was still in school. Looking good turkey. That's a lot of cayennes, what are you doing with them all?

POTAWIE said:
Nice science project. I wish I was a chile geek when I was still in school. Looking good turkey. That's a lot of cayennes, what are you doing with them all?

What I want to do is grow them and give them to family memebers. They all would appreciate a little life to there garden..LOL..Im planning to keep around 10 of them. And the rest Im gonna give away. Also in a few days Im gonna start culling the seedlings. Because I only want one plant per pot and theres like 2-4 in each pot..LOL..But yes thanks!!!:D

Hmm u think so guitar hero..? I got some pots but I think there huge..LOL IDK bout you..though..Ill post pics and u tell me ok..:shocked:

I hope you like cayennes! better get yourself a dehydrator and a spice grinder!!! :onfire:

welcome to THP Turkey! it's good to see young dudes getting into the pods :shocked:

Mark

Thanks! Chiliman! Yum Yum good ol cayennes!!...LOL!

And guitar god dat would be the first thing I do when I come back from school..ok?

chilliman64 said:
I hope you like cayennes!

You can never have too many cayennes! That's my favorite.

chilliman64 said:
better get yourself a dehydrator and a spice grinder!!!

Arrgghhh! Don't waste 'em all in a powder. :snooty:
Slice the pods up into thin strips and simmer them in your favorite pasta sauce (my wife's gonna be sick to death of pasta this summer) or better yet, pick 'em off the plant, dip them in melted chocolate and eat. :think:

I can't wait to try them candied this year.

Ok Guitar hero! got the pics I think there huge but lets see wat u think..LOL

IMG_0147.jpg

Um..SHoe comparision..?(size 11)
IMG_0148.jpg

Actually, those are a great size for peppers! I have some of my peppers in a slightly bigger (5 gallon I believe) pot. The picture below was taken a month and a half ago (they were still in their winter state at that point)
peppersae2.jpg

Hey Turkey,
The habs are looking good, chinenses always grow stout up north, up in your zone after you harden them off and get them in the direct sun light they should grow like mad. The cayennes look like they are looking for light & not having the first true leaves, peat pods allow you to up pot them if you don't disturb what roots they have. I have found too early of replanting without true leaves they tend to wither and die. IMOO
Good luck with your chiles.

Marv

fatalliman said:
Hey Turkey,
The habs are looking good, chinenses always grow stout up north, up in your zone after you harden them off and get them in the direct sun light they should grow like mad. The cayennes look like they are looking for light & not having the first true leaves, peat pods allow you to up pot them if you don't disturb what roots they have. I have found too early of replanting without true leaves they tend to wither and die. IMOO
Good luck with your chiles.

Marv

I Agree dats why most of the strong looking ones are in there own Pot and have the light right above dem..about 2 inches off

Thanks!

Hey Turk,
I thought your habs looked a little pale but figured the light source, if you can put a fan on them and get them close to a window with some indirect light ,(IMOO) sun is fun for chiles. I'll try to post 90 some plants growing from a bow window with real sun light tommorow ( no florescenced used). and yes my jamacan scotch bonnets, madam jeanettes and nagas are short and stout too.
Cheers,

Marv

Turkey said:
So Should i go for it..? Also wat Mixture do u reccomend..?
The best mix that I've found (and I've tried many a commercial soil) is the following:
87% Sunland Organic Potting Soil
10% Sunland Organic Compost
03% Sand

fatalliman said:
Hey Turk,
I thought your habs looked a little pale but figured the light source, if you can put a fan on them and get them close to a window with some indirect light ,(IMOO) sun is fun for chiles. I'll try to post 90 some plants growing from a bow window with real sun light tommorow ( no florescenced used). and yes my jamacan scotch bonnets, madam jeanettes and nagas are short and stout too.
Cheers,

Marv

Ok...I will see if I have a window thats wide enough to hold a pot.;) Also the fan idea is good I shall go buy one at the thriftstore..or look around in garage sales..:D!

O0o0o0! and thanks guitar god..Will do 2morrow!

Back