• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

7 Pepper Chili

:onfire: This evening I took a variety of peppers I have been growing and decided to whip up a pot of chilli with them!

2010-08-22192446.jpg

Jalapeno
Trinidad Scorpion
Cleo's Dragon
Cobra Chile
Fatali
Cayenne
Bhut Jolokia

The Chili:
Onion
Shallot
Garlic
Beef Broth
Chili Powder
Kidney and Chili Beans
Mixture of Veal, Pork, and Beef
Worstershire and Soy Sauce
Can of Diced tomoatos with Habs
Bottle of V8

2010-08-22205500.jpg

FIRE!!!

Lol yeah no kidding. Chili is one of my favorite dishes. Check out my take on it. http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/17205-southernyoopers-sacrifice-upon-the-altar-of-chili/

:onfire: This evening I took a variety of peppers I have been growing and decided to whip up a pot of chilli with them!

2010-08-22192446.jpg

Jalapeno
Trinidad Scorpion
Cleo's Dragon
Cobra Chile
Fatali
Cayenne
Bhut Jolokia

The Chili:
Onion
Shallot
Garlic
Beef Broth
Chili Powder
Kidney and Chili Beans
Mixture of Veal, Pork, and Beef
Worstershire and Soy Sauce
Can of Diced tomoatos with Habs
Bottle of V8

2010-08-22205500.jpg

FIRE!!!

Sounds good. Is that pic the finished product, or did you cook it down more?

SY that is some righteous looking chili you made there!

Looks like brown soup, not chili. Chili is red to reddish brown (color is very important in competitions, though I know this isn't one), and thicker.

If you said it was soup I'd have said I'd try it ;)

Trust me it is way more red than that.. The pic was taken with my phone and the color was the first thing I noticed after taking the pic. The Pic was taken right after putting everything together it cooked for three hours after the pic was taken here is the finished product.

2010-08-23101728.jpg

I just ate a chili with less variety Of peppers and spent all night sitting up in bed, chewing tums and eating yogurt. Worst acid of my life, best chili dog though!

SY, Your chili looks righteous!! I will have to try a variation of yours next time!

Thanks, I appreciate it. Chili is one thing that I can do quite well, imo of course. I just tend to keep the heat on the medium side as to not overpower everything else. With that said though I do get a wild hair and make some molten lava chili.

Back