• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

7 Pot Brain Strain Check

I've got a total of five 7 Pot plants going with three different sources of seed. I gave a couple away and lost a couple. I'm pretty sure I know which ones are Cappy's but wouldn't mind a few more opinions. Thanks gang and thank you Cappy for the seeds.

First up is one I don't think is a Brain Strain, just doesn't have the look.

IMG_6385cre.jpg

Another pod from the same plant.

IMG_6388re.jpg

Next plant. Not 100% but I believe it's one of Cappy's;

IMG_6394cre.jpg

Same plant, different pod.

IMG_6396cre.jpg

More to come...

Hey Patrick you'll have to let the pods get much bigger but the third plant's pods look very much like the brain strain blocky pods. Try all out and save your favorite just happy we have another guinea pig with brain strain pods in just a few weeks. What are your other sources of the 7 Pot? Nice pics keep us updated.

Thanks all and you especially Cappy. I am not looking forward to the comparison tests believe me.

The other seeds came from folks here and I was smart enough to write them down just not smart enough to remember where I put the dang notes. One was from Vincent and I think the other one was from Dale.

That last one looks like my pods Patrick, but I'm also seeing a lot of pod variation. Sometimes they look really blocky with hidden tails up inside the lobes. Other times they've got long scorpion tails that are perfectly formed. Other times off to the side tails, some without points, almost like scotch bonnets. All I know is they are HOT :mouthonfire: and the sauce I've made with one or two dropped in has really been nuclear. Great chile for boosting the heat of sauces.

I also powdered up a few in my most recent batch of orange hab powder, and it seemed a lot hotter than the first batch I spun up...

Ahhhhhh the 7 Pot.

I have a plant i grew from Trinni Hottie and it is scary hot.

Moyboy and i tried it and it made Bhuts taste like lollpops!

Vomit and vilent intestinal reactions followed and i dont recomend eating too much of these monsters at any given time.

I made a couple of bottles of tomatoe based sauce with 4 or 5 of them and it has a scull and cross bones as a label. Its called 7 tears of pain. I have has it on several meals and its only just kocked a bit out of hte bottle neck!

Beware!

cheers

tony05 I went back and revisited your thread from last season when you ate the 7 Pot pepper with Moyboy. Really funny stuff and you are spot on with these 7's making bhuts taste like lollipops. The brain strain seed is also from TriniHottie originally in 2007. Glad to do my part sharing this 7 Pod seed with so many serious chileheads. Adding extract type heat to your hot sauce is what this chile is all about. Thanks Sara!

I have two brain strain plants which I kept over winter - both planted too late last year to produce anything, but it will be an early start for pods off them this year. One I left in the ground over winter, and the other potted in a greenhouse. The one in the ground is a lot smaller, but I have faith that it will still perform well... the potted looks like giving me some flowers very soon (first day of spring, there should be flowers by now), so Southern Hemisphere brain strain is coming on fast.

Many thanks of course to PRF for donating the seeds to spread the love.

dreamboat

Back