• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

7 Pot Jonah Yellow

I have seen a few logs with 7 Pot Jonah Yellows listed......can anyone elaborate with "expertise"?
I have found a site that lists them , but most of their peppers look quite different in form(-smooth ghosts,
chocolate hab looking Choc bhuts)from what I've seen here, so I'll discount them right outta the gate.So if any one has knowledge of an ACTUAL 7 Pot Jonah Yellow(seems you'd end up with an Orange looking pod like AJ's Large 7 Pot)-how about you enlighten the rest of us :cool: ?Curiosity........

flash.gif
flash.gif
flash.gif
flash.gif
flash.gif

That is the "discounted" site......they had a chocolate bhut that looked just like this except brown.So we need a real pic still....

Yeah that was a disappointing picture. I was expecting something that looked a bit like a Yellow 7, maybe a bit bumpy. I wonder if those growing it got the seeds from Nicky's Nursery?

Matt-
I hope not them and Bruce's have some very uncharacteristic representations of everything.How's that experiment/grow going?

Ah yes, the old Brain vs TSMB experiment. Let's say one of the strains is growing considerably faster than the other but other than that I'm waiting until pods and taste testing to see for sure. Hopefully I can send out DNA samples as well. I had more setbacks than I'm willing to admit since I left my plants with the family for a couple of weeks and they got overfertilized. It's tough going to school full time 50 miles away from my plants, especially since engineering doesn't give me much of a break. They're a month behind now but they should still pod up nice by the end of the season.

Right now I'm hypothesizing they're different though.

Sorry to hijack the thread back to the topic--

I don't like Nicky's Nursery and I'm hoping someone here has a real Yellow Jonah that they can show us come season end.

Hey-I started the thread, we have open license for important deviations.I'm guessing the brain is faster....will check your glog- just hadn't seen it in awhile. :halo:

The 7 pot/pod Jonah yellow is a natural mutation which came about from some isolated seeds of the red variety
I only have 1 plant growing and have just harvested the pods and deseeded them,
These yellows have the same shape, size, wrinkles and bumps as the red varieties.
They have a nice citrus flavour and there heat is less then the reds...

7potpodJonahYellow9.jpg

Muuuuuuuch better. We can always count on Grant to come through for us. Now to ninja fly down under, ninja sneak into his seed drawer, and ninja "borrow" 5 of each.....

I will be over wintering this plant and germinating more seeds in June
I want to grow it another season just to be sure...
I have had a fantastic season this year
with many new Varieties, Colour Varieties and some great Hybrids
i.e Butch T x 7pot/pod Primo and even a 7pot/pod Primo Yellow
some very large 7pot/pod Douglahs and ..........??????

Grant -I have to hand it to you-you can dangle a hook for sure!Mention 7 pot/pod 3 times in one post, all with crosses attached!

Hahahaha, thanks Dave,
how about a few more;
7pot/pod Brain Strain x Naga Morich
7pot/pod Yellow x Bhut Jolokia Chocolate (this one is my favourite)
7pot/pod Long x Habanero Chocolate
....and there's still more, I was busy crossing alot of chillies last year
and a few members here gave me some interesting crosses also.

Back