• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

7 pot or 7 pod???????

Hi Guys n Gals

I keep hearing 7 Pot or 7 Pod are they the same thing or completely different? I thought it was just 7 pot because it was hot enough to heat 7 pots.

Joe

I say 7 pod! The reasons its the 7 pod is because the rumor is its hot enough to heat up 7 pots of chili. But I firmly believe that its 7 pod. however that's just my opinion.

Wasn't there a thread about this some month ago. Its called 7 POT according to that thread anyway.
Now a new question, how does it look like unripe? Shold it be dark green or light green?

Cuse i have 2 diff 7 Pot plants from 2 diff sources one is light green and one dark. I do not dare to taste!!

Wasn't there a thread about this some month ago. Its called 7 POT according to that thread anyway.
Now a new question, how does it look like unripe? Shold it be dark green or light green?

Cuse i have 2 diff 7 Pot plants from 2 diff sources one is light green and one dark. I do not dare to taste!!

7 POD thats how seeds were marked as. the coloer should be dark green

They are both the same plant, have both 7 pod and 7 pots growing in my garden. I don't like to change the naming of the pepper just to suit my preference so I keep what the seed came labeled as. I received seed direct from Trinidad on several occasions and they are always labeled as 7 Pod from SR. Others will insist it's 7 Pot, sometimes I use the name interchangeably to keep the flow of a conversation. :cheers:

I am sure it wont be the last time someone asks it either as when we are shopping for seeds they are advertised 7 pot but when we come to forums like this we hear 7 pod so it gets confusing.

I say 7 pod! The reasons its the 7 pod is because the rumor is its hot enough to heat up 7 pots of chili. But I firmly believe that its 7 pod. however that's just my opinion.

Cool thanks for your reply

They are both the same plant, have both 7 pod and 7 pots growing in my garden. I don't like to change the naming of the pepper just to suit my preference so I keep what the seed came labeled as. I received seed direct from Trinidad on several occasions and they are always labeled as 7 Pod from SR. Others will insist it's 7 Pot, sometimes I use the name interchangeably to keep the flow of a conversation. :cheers:

Yes that does make sense. I would do the same too

It's merely a linguistic difference. Many germanic types pronounce t's with a d and others vice versa. It's kind of like r's and l's with orientals.

7_pots_2.jpg

7 pots.

in all seriosness i dont think theirs a difrence for all we know it could be a translation error.

It depends on the variety. My Yellows were dark green and Jonahs light green.

sorry guys but I'm going to say 7pot/pod, the reason is 1 pepper pod is enough for 7 pots of stew or what ever.... (/ means per) i.e. there for 7 POTS PER 1 PEPPER POD....... 7pot/pod

I spent many many years searching for 7 pot/pods before they were really known about in these parts, and back then it was unknown whether it was 7 pot or 7 pod so I always labelled them 7 pot/pod.
These days I call them 7 pods because I now know that is what the landrace variety is called in Trinidad

I spent many many years searching for 7 pot/pods before they were really known about in these parts, and back then it was unknown whether it was 7 pot or 7 pod so I always labelled them 7 pot/pod.
These days I call them 7 pods because I now know that is what the landrace variety is called in Trinidad

I would prefer to call it whatever the locals in the country call it too but if they have split views on it too...........dunno.

Back