• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

7-pot primo IPA at The Belching Beaver in San Diego

Tomorrow, The Belching Beaver Brewery in San Diego will try out 7-pot primo peppers as an additive to their wonderful IPA.

Brian Holmes at ghostpepperstore.com provided the primos.

I dropped them off this afternoon at the brewery and they will be using what is known as a Randall to infuse one of their IPAs with 7-pot primo and a variety of citrus peel. The beer will be available at 3pm tomorrow and 
I`ll be there to get the first pint!!! 

check them out at,

http://belchinbeaver.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Belching-Beaver/157351577682127

Nigel said:
Tomorrow, The Belching Beaver Brewery in San Diego will try out 7-pot primo peppers as an additive to their wonderful IPA.

Brian Holmes at

I dropped them off this afternoon at the brewery and they will be using what is known as a Randall to infuse one of their IPAs with 7-pot primo and a variety of citrus peel. The beer will be available at 3pm tomorrow and 
I`ll be there to get the first pint!!! 

check them out at,

http://belchinbeaver.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Belching-Beaver/157351577682127
Friggin AWESOME!!! :)

Naga Chomper said:
Too bad I'm at the other end of the left coast...

Gonna go have a Ballast Point Big Eye.

Might stick a Morouga in it...  :onfire:
I love Bigeye. Probably slightly more than Sculpin, but it`s close! They are about 15 miles down the freeway from me. My friend Travis Oliver said he put a 7-pot jonah in a growler of Sculpin a year or two ago and it had great flavor and great heat! Go for it!!!
jedisushi06 said:
damn wish i could try that!  Let us know how it turns out Nigel!
Bet on it!!! Wish you could all join me for a pint!!!

If I lived near San Diego, they'd have to scrape me out of Ballast Point's tasting room nightly...

And with you. I am slightly partial to Big Eye over the Sculpin. Both are excellent, I just like the slightly crisper taste of the the Big Eye.

Have you had much from West Coast Brewery?

I love Green Flash. Another stellar San Diego IPA.

Naga Chomper said:
If I lived near San Diego, they'd have to scrape me out of Ballast Point's tasting room nightly...

And with you. I am slightly partial to Big Eye over the Sculpin. Both are excellent, I just like the slightly crisper taste of the the Big Eye.

Have you had much from West Coast Brewery?

I love Green Flash. Another stellar San Diego IPA.
Believe me, you`d have so many great breweries within 15 miles to try your head would spin. 

Actually, not had much from West Coast. Green Flash is pretty close to Ballast Point  :P

Within 5 miles of my house we have,

Latitude 33, Iron Fist, Belching Beaver, Aztec, Indian Joe`s, Prohibition, Pizza Port brewing, The Lost Abbey, Stone, Mother Earth, Rip Current,  Stumblefoot, Backstreet brewing, Oceanside Ale Works. 

When you coming for a visit?

as a professional brewer (though currently inbetween teaching for several reasons) i envy you! id be right behind you in the queue, but Tokyo is a little far from san d

georgej said:
as a professional brewer (though currently inbetween teaching for several reasons) i envy you! id be right behind you in the queue, but Tokyo is a little far from san d
C`mon George, you know you want to visit.

Vista is Brew City, USA. I've got a faculty colleague who owns one and a student who pours at another. [And I fill my growler at a third.] I hadn't heard of Belching Beaver, though. Is the premiere tomorrow going to be at the San Diego tasting room? 

I hope the IPA isn't as hot leaving your body as it will be going in...

Frankly, pepper taste/heat in beer just sounds ghastly. I guess I drink beer to put out the burn, not be the cause of it. Ghastly, I say...

Sounds delicious. And hot!  :onfire:   Quite a few years ago I tried a chilli infused beer that was made on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia. Not sure what type of peppers were used, but it was a hell of a nice beer. Not much heat, just a little tingle on the throat, but great flavour. Unfortunately I couldn't find any last time I went home for a visit. 
Is the Belching Beaver beer going to be widely available or only locally available?

Ají hombre said:
Vista is Brew City, USA. I've got a faculty colleague who owns one and a student who pours at another. [And I fill my growler at a third.] I hadn't heard of Belching Beaver, though. Is the premiere tomorrow going to be at the San Diego tasting room? 
Yes, just at the brewery tasting room. 

Back