• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

7POD FOR LESS !!!!!

Yup I bought a few peppers seeds from him. wink wink!
But he only gives 4-5 seeds per pack and they are not in a protected envelope . I got one pack of pubs that were damaged.
On the plus side he gives out extra packs and a sample of dried peppers.

i saw that site when i was trying to find some wild peppers, the varieties were fantastic (galapagoense!) but the prices were kinda painful so i didn't buy from him (he's got some great articles and pepper pics on the homepage tho)

I dont know ...but there is enought interesting strain to make me spend 20EUR on this site but I already have to much pepper seed that I can grow this year so ..:rolleyes:

Since you brought it up......

Since I recently had the name explained to me, I have decided that the name 7 pot makes sense and the 7 pod is a mis-nomer.

"The pepper is hot enough to spice up 7 pots of food with one pepper"

If you put 7 pods in one pot you would have rocket fuel.

7 pots with one pepper will not be enough.
The pepper is supposed to be 750,000SHU, so maybe one pepper for one pot. just maybe...

Right, for you and me. But for mere mortals, I could see the 7 pot myth or whatever it is getting picked up on.

I haven't eaten one, but if it is 3-4 times hotter than an orange hab, I could see that. Plus they might use small pots!;)

Omri said:
7 pots with one pepper will not be enough.
The pepper is supposed to be 750,000SHU, so maybe one pepper for one pot. just maybe...

Your thinking how hot it should be for you omri!
The 7 pot comes from the caribbean where it is used at the ratio of one pod to several pots.
And when it's said that it will spice up more than one pot (not sure about 7) remember these peppers are used not just by chilli heads,
you know the naga munchers and hab hounds (guilty)
so it got the name because when spread in so many pots non chilli heads still find it hot, just like lots of non chilli lovers buy so called hot sauces in non chilli shops and find them to hot when all they taste like is slightly hot vinegar.

So what you're saying is that I can use it to spice up several "slightly hot" pots for regular people?
Pft... I won't let someone other than a chilehead to touch my peppers. :lol:

Omri said:
So what you're saying is that I can use it to spice up several "slightly hot" pots for regular people?
Pft... I won't let someone other than a chilehead to touch my peppers. :lol:

Yep you got it in one!
It is fun to give non chilli lovers something a 'little' hotter than they are used to:mouthonfire:

I've just placed an order. Don't forget the 15% discount if you register. 20€ minimum order is true but no problem for a chilishopperholic like me!! I hope I get more than 5 seeds in a packet though!

Anyone other sellers out there?

Back