• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

7pod Jonah

Long story as i got some 7pod seeds from a seed supplier in the uk with no promise on them being true to type but the add was for the 7pod long not the round jonah.I got the seeds and grew 2 plants but a little late for them so they had grown to about a foot then winter was on its way so without seeing what the pods were like i gave them to two mates of mine, one that left it out too late this year and killed it but still no pods on it and the other went to a more greenfingered friend and upon returning to see him after the grow season he showed me the ripe pods which i took some seeds of as they look like jonahs but they seem to be no bigger than a cherry tomato in size i took photos on my phone which i will put up later when i have found out how to do so but i was wondering if anyone else has had smaller jonahs or any pictures of 7pod jonahs they have grown so i can check against it.

and any info on putting up pictures i would be most grateful as i know there is info on here but cant find it for some reason.

www.photobucket.com. Upload there. Then open the photo there and right click. . . . .copy image url. . . Then on your reply here click the little poloroid looking square 2 over from the smiley face and paste the url.

IMG00064-20101125-1136.jpg

IMG00063-20101125-1001.jpg

IMG00062-20101125-1001.jpg

Thanks for the information mate here are some pictures!....Hopefully :lol:

Those look beautifully mean. I am not too familiar with the 7pot jonahs, but I am sure there are a few here that are veritable encyclopedias regarding them

014-7.jpg

Some i grew this year,the initial pods grew small but the as the season progressed the pods grew big to large.Imho a super plant to grow with a very good yield of super hot pods.Does anyone know the history behind this plant is it a cross ect.

014-7.jpg

Some i grew this year,the initial pods grew small but the as the season progressed the pods grew big to large.Imho a super plant to grow with a very good yield of super hot pods.Does anyone know the history behind this plant is it a cross ect.
I hope this helps
pm me if you are interested in any yellow 7. should have some sr seeds next year as i over wintered one plant along with a t.scorp and two young brain strain plants ( Thanks cappy )

Great looking Jonah 7 pods Yaotzin.

I now have some of those seeds from The Hippy Seed Company.

Now hopin' I can get some results like yours for next year.

dvg

Great looking Jonah 7 pods Yaotzin.

I now have some of those seeds from The Hippy Seed Company.

Now hopin' I can get some results like yours for next year.

dvg
My friend had great results as they are very good producers and very hot!

Nickdu, yes I know the history well as my friend was the one who first introduced it mainstream to chile growers. Jonah is simply the name of a Trinidad native who smuggled the seed into the U.S. Therefore, the variety was named appropriately. No cross IMO...it's a pure strain and has produced exactly the same pods for 5+ years!

Chris

Thanks for that info Chris im glad it is a pure strain, they seem to have a lot of really hot peppers growing in Trinidad.

Back