• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

7pot white or Giant white habanero

I agree with wildseed57. Growing conditions and weather are a major factor. I have had the same plants in pots, raised beds and in the ground this year with all various intensities of heat and flavor. With that said, I have asked the same question this year with Hab Yucatan White and Snow White. I can't decide if these are the same plants or different. Sometimes I think folks just slap on a different name for marketing purposes. 

I grew both this year in the same greenhouse.

There´s a clear difference 

7pot is very hot and has a much better flavor
Shape looks similar, but the 7pot has a large number of pods with tips

7pot White

7pot_white.jpg

Habanero White Giant

habanero_white_giant2.jpg

Peter

mpicante said:
Might have to order from duffy and both types from semillas and grow all four and compare.
If you don't have them yet, I have Giant White Habs I got from Jim, and can send you some seeds. I can tell you this much: I ate a fresh pod the day after eating a 7 Pot Gigantic SR Chocolate, and although the flavors were totally different (the GWH had a much cleaner flavor), I don't remember much of a difference in heat.

SL3 said:
I agree with wildseed57. Growing conditions and weather are a major factor. I have had the same plants in pots, raised beds and in the ground this year with all various intensities of heat and flavor. With that said, I have asked the same question this year with Hab Yucatan White and Snow White. I can't decide if these are the same plants or different. Sometimes I think folks just slap on a different name for marketing purposes.

Agreed.

Regardless of what any vendor says...............

The "7 Pot White" is...............

Not a 7 Pot.

Grant @ JungleRain created it.  And I quote from his website:

"I first grew this hybrid in 2008, it is a cross between the 7pot/pod Red and the Habanero Giant White. The pods have a nice fresh apple like flavour although the heat is up there it is still not in the extreme."

Sooooooooooooooo.  How do you like them apples hmmmmmmmmmmm?

This is just one of those unfortunate trends amongst vendors - 7 pots are the rage dammin hell everything and anything i can possibly get away with calling a 7 Pot I will.  At least Grant calls it:

7pot/pod White Hybrid

RobStar said:

Regardless of what any vendor says...............

The "7 Pot White" is...............

Not a 7 Pot.

Grant @ JungleRain created it.  And I quote from his website:

"I first grew this hybrid in 2008, it is a cross between the 7pot/pod Red and the Habanero Giant White. The pods have a nice fresh apple like flavour although the heat is up there it is still not in the extreme."

Sooooooooooooooo.  How do you like them apples hmmmmmmmmmmm?

This is just one of those unfortunate trends amongst vendors - 7 pots are the rage dammin hell everything and anything i can possibly get away with calling a 7 Pot I will.  At least Grant calls it:

7pot/pod White Hybrid

You'll soon be able to try yourself. That's one on the list.  :D

Back