A budding enthusiast :-)

Hi all,

My name's Alex, from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  I'm in my mid 20's, work in business, and have played electric guitar for 15 years now.  That's definitely my #1 passion.  Any other misfitting millennial aged people that also love classic rock, grunge, and metal?  Hit me up!

My journey here started a few years ago, when I tried my first really hot sauce in an assortment box that contained Hellfire's Fiery Fool.  I had a lot to learn (and frankly still do) about hot peppers and sauces, but that's the one set me off.  Something was different, but now I understand why.  It's not a concentrate sauce.  It had a rich flavor and distinct, powerful heat from natural peppers!

Fast forward a little bit into the COVID-19 era and here we are.  I've taken my extra time thanks to telecommuting to learn a lot of new things, including pepper growing.  I built some planters out of recycled wood and have 4 habaneros, 6 cayenne, 6 thai chiles, and 12 jalapeno plants growing on my deck now. I'm super excited though to harvest in a month or two and start the next stage, fermentation and sauce making! :P 

Kramer said:
Hi all,

My name's Alex, from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  I'm in my mid 20's, work in business, and have played electric guitar for 15 years now.  That's definitely my #1 passion.  Any other misfitting millennial aged people that also love classic rock, grunge, and metal?  Hit me up!

My journey here started a few years ago, when I tried my first really hot sauce in an assortment box that contained Hellfire's Fiery Fool.  I had a lot to learn (and frankly still do) about hot peppers and sauces, but that's the one set me off.  Something was different, but now I understand why.  It's not a concentrate sauce.  It had a rich flavor and distinct, powerful heat from natural peppers!  Trinidad Scorpion, Caribbean Red, Carolina Reaper, Bhut Jolokia, and Red 7-Pot Peppers to be exact.  It sent me down a rabbit hole so deep, I now keep a spreadsheet just to track all of the different sauces in my pantry that I've tried and have yet to try.

Fast forward a little bit into the COVID-19 era and here we are.  I've taken my extra time thanks to telecommuting to learn a lot of new things, including pepper growing.  I built some planters out of recycled wood and have 4 habaneros, 6 cayenne, 6 thai chiles, and 12 jalapeno plants growing on my deck now.  It hasn't been without issue, though.  But, so far I've successfully diagnosed and cured a nutrient deficiency in my habs when they grew slow and turned yellow (old, deficient soil) and mitigated a rampant aphid problem (although, it got so hot right after I bet they would have died anyways).  I'm super excited though to harvest in a month or two and start the next stage, fermentation and sauce making!  Of all the new things I've tried recently, I think pepper growing is here to stay.  :P[/SIZE] [/size]

JfgE6Ce.gif

Just as a heads up!

Click on Entertainment  for your music interest...

Click on Hot Product Reviews and Discussion and hopefully post your review there.

_

:welcome: from the Pacific NorthWest!

Good luck with your fermentation and saucing
projects!

Back