• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

A canucks try at peppers

So this is moreless a journal like a few others i've seen on this forum.

This is my 1st year growin hot peppers and tomatoes and would like any tips I can get throughout the process.

and ya my list might seem kindof wussy :O if the white habanaro Grows good it'll be by far the hottest thing I've ate

this is what im growin
bulgarian carrot
White habanero
Tabasco
Big Bomb Hybrid
Sprite tomatoes
beefsteak tomatoes

So I got them in a warm place about 77-80F on a table with a 1000w light, in a tray of 76 in Miracle grow germination soil.

I planted them on april 3rd, and so far
14 sprite tomatoes
5 beefsteak
1 white habanero
1 tabasco
1 big bomb hybrid

Have made an appearance, and can't wait for each day to see what else.

Im going to have to get seperate trays tommorow seein how these tomatoes are booming.

Weather has also been great, 3 days strait of 12+ finally can say spring is here.

but no problems yet.. so so far so good:)

14 sprite tomatoes???? I really hope you LOVE grape-type tomatoes. I limited myself to only 2 of those plants.

I had 4 cherry-types last year... I was banned from planting them again. LOL

Your germination time is about right-on with mine. It must be the heat.

as of this morning, 3 more tabasco have started to make an appearance, along with another sprite which makes 15 and I planted bout 15. some of the cherry peppers have started to come up more as I now got 4.

Still no sign from the bulgarion carrot(almost wanna go diggin for it!)

POTAWIE said:
White habs can to be very fussy. Do you know what kind of white hab you are growing?

I think its just the regular white hab, not the trademark bullet or whatever.

All seeds were ordered from Tomatogrowers.com

To poisonette, ha im not and ima have to end up killin a few since so many seem to be takin off, but my dad likes em.

and i'll try to post some pics when I can get my hands on a camera :)

I'm growing White habs but from the pictures I've seen of them I just can't imagine them tasting like any other Hab I've had before, just because they are white.

The white ammo I grew were quite smokey and less fruity I believe. I've recently got my first Giant white hab pod starting and I can't wait to try it since, last years plant grew terribly.

Well update, 2 habs are startin to sprout up, now 6 tobasco are up, a couple bulgarion carrots(finally! thoa is only been a few days:P), 5 big bombs.

I got my tomatos in a seperate tray. but by the way there growin I feel I started them too soon.. like all my sprite seeds took off even the extras I threw in there.

but I uh might of done harm to 1 of my tabasco plants already, I've been takin the seed heads off a few of my plants, but 1 of the tabasco ones snapped with a bit of plant material not much but Im not sure what it could do to the plant.

I got 6 tabasco plants up already so its not much of a panic but I do feel slightly guilty if I already killed it in 6 days.

rainbowberry said:
I found the Choc habs were quite smokey and not fruity like the others I'd had, lovely though.

That's why I like to have some Chocolate habs every year, they give anything I cook with them that nice smoky edge.

Back