• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

A colorful collection

Well, for this year I decided to grow different varieties of peppers trying to cover different colors, shapes, heat levels, etc.

My initial selection for each color is the following.

Green - Big Jim (unriped).
Red - Bhut Jolokia.
Yellow - Fatalii.
Orange - Orange Globe (from chileseeds.co.uk).
Black - Hungarian Black.
White - Aribibi Gusano.
Brown - Sweet Chocolate.
Purple - JalapeƱo Purple.

Do you think I am missing some interesting colored variety? I was thinking about adding some cream colored varieties like Bahamian Goat Pepper (I was unable to find seeds for this variety in any store) or Peach Habanero. Suggestions are appreciated.

Trinidad Perfume has a wiers color don't it? or maybe I might be thinking that is pretty cool, gonna have you a rainbow of colours with pods to! lol

Fish pepper is green and white variegated foliage and the pods are also variegated until very ripe. Also, it's a pretty tasty pepper.

Fish pepper is green and white variegated foliage and the pods are also variegated until very ripe. Also, it's a pretty tasty pepper.

+1 It has lovely green and white variegated leaves. I have it this year for the first time!!! Sorry, no pics yet...

I believe Aribibi Gusano are light yellow not really white, and the black varieties are really just dark purple

Black Pearl is all black until the peppers start to ripen, then they turn a beautiful red. Great contrast in colors I think.

Charles

I believe Aribibi Gusano are light yellow not really white, and the black varieties are really just dark purple

If you make a search in Google images, some pictures show light yellow peppers. However some others seems pretty white IMO. As far as i have read, Aribibi gusano rippen from green to light yellow to ivory white. So yes, in some point they will be a little yellow. Someone that actually grows them care to explain?

Back