• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

A couple IDs please.

These two plants are from seeds that I ordered from reputable vendors on here (2 different ones).

The first was supposed to be a yellow trinidad moruga scorpion, which it obviously is not. I have 3 of these plants growing and they all are producing the same peppers but this is the first one to start ripening. It looks like an annuum to me. Any ideas?

8D7FABC0-4428-4090-9030-53FE4B91A1A7_zpssbx2czti.jpg

This next one is supposed to be a fish pepper. I grew two plants from seeds from the same packet. One looks like a fish pepper plant (variegation is present on leaves although it has no peppers on it yet) and then there is this one...

8AD5193A-76D8-4797-B48F-1268D06EA49F_zpse9thftmw.jpg

This is a view of the full plant top:

ED3FC661-1987-40E1-A322-47B1FFB45FF1_zps5bub0lha.jpg

Thanks guys!

The pepper on it is a recent pic. I used the old picture with it to show the leaves since I already had it uploaded. I can delete the second picture of the second plant if you would prefer since it is a duplicate and someone can try to help me ID based on just the first.

Also, in that previous post, I was asking about variegation not for an ID on the plant. I am very aware that it is not actually a fish pepper plant.

I wonder if your vendor is the same as mine...  I have a moruga scorpion that is looking like a bell pepper right now...  Definitely an annuum whatever it is though. 

Is this vendor a highly reputable vendor who specializes in selling plants?

The "fish" pepper plant is from a very reputable vendor that also sells pepper plants. I didn't contact them since I did have another plant grow true from the seeds so figured that maybe a random seed just got in the mix. They might be able to help identify though.

The "scorpion" pepper is from a different vendor who I haven't contacted but think I might since every plant I grew from the seeds has turned out to be not scorpions.
I didn't want to raise a big stink about it though since I only have 4 plants out of 70+ that don't seem to be growing true this year so far so figured that those were pretty good odds. I am more or less just curious as to what these are so I can label them as something.

Spicy Mushroom said:
Curious if you ever tried contacting that vendor? Maybe they are/were aware of this issue as many others might have contacted them about it.

My guess would be some variety of paprika. 

Agreed, have you contacted the vendor?

vendors can't be perfect there will be mistakes, let them know and ask for refund for 4 plants. 
it could be their seed supplier sucks, or they just misplaced/mislabled. 
i doubt they deceived you on purpose.

I didn't think that they deceived me on purpose (which is also why I'm not mentioning names on this thread) and know that it happens. I was just hoping to have an idea as to what these actually are.

Back