• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

A couple of weird ones

I have a couple of weird pods that got me confused.

I have seen one other pod mottled like this, I didn't think much of it, just threw it out. This one I decided to cut open and see if it looked normal on the inside. All the other pods on this plant look normal, it a red bhut.

Untitled by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

Looks pretty normal on the inside, seeds are a little darker than normal but no mold.

This one is really weird to me. This is another red bhut plant that was overwintered, so there is no way it was mislabeled because I didn't overwinter any yellow bhuts. I can't wait to see what color it ends up when fully ripe.

Anyone got any ideas how a red bhut plant produced a single yellow pod?

it might be just a mutant pod where it goes in a different way to change from green to red....
i got many times where the pod changes to different colour but not too different.. before it goes red.. once had the red bhut going to yellow than orange then red...

RELAX ...just enjoy nature's way of entertaining you..... :)

Yeah I'm sure its a mutant. I've seen lots of them go from yellow to red but not like this one. I'm not worried about it for sure. Just never seen one do this.

That mottled pod is dope sir!

Right off side of a rail car art style :)

If you don't intend to save them.....would you SASBE me a few seeds?

Alex

Tweak, I pulled about 15 seeds from that pod. Like I said the seeds are darker than normal so I don't know if they are viable or not. You are welcome to them if you want them. PM me your shipping information and I will drop them in the mail. No SASBE required. Just make sure if you end up with a plant that produces these things send me back some seeds someday.

Back