• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

a few questions from a noob!

just to be clear... (i really don't want to screw this up)

promix HP is fine for regular potting, right? not just for those hydro setups? sounds like it, just want to be sure.

after i pot everything up, i would use the nutes with EVERY watering in the previously described mix ratios, diluted at first?

looking for a little fan to tuck in next to the tray:

D94a9uZ.jpg

have run all around town here - everything in stock at brick and mortar right now seems to be heater+fan combos. off to amazon! any recommendations?

Your plants look good. You're off to a good start. You've been getting good info and I don't want to muddy the water, but do a search for Witches Brew and read up. It's a simple inexpensive way to make a Ca and Mg rich solution. A longstanding member here--Smokemaster--came up with it. He says it really promotes flowering on the chinense peppers such as your Reapers. You can keep it in mind for the future when you gain some confidence. It would appear you've got the chile bug pretty bad!

kentishman said:
Your plants look good. You're off to a good start. You've been getting good info and I don't want to muddy the water, but do a search for Witches Brew and read up. It's a simple inexpensive way to make a Ca and Mg rich solution. A longstanding member here--Smokemaster--came up with it. He says it really promotes flowering on the chinense peppers such as your Reapers. You can keep it in mind for the future when you gain some confidence. It would appear you've got the chile bug pretty bad!

thanks! and yes...have the bug worse than you can imagine, haha.

i'm probably overthinking it, but i really want to get a fan idea from somebody here. terrified of something that doesn't have a setting low enough for the little reaper plants.

next question: there are a few little gnat-like bugs hanging around my plants. is this a concern?

it doesn't bother me so much right now, but the grow racks are in a sort of mud room just off of my kitchen. i worry that the population could explode if the conditions support it. 

cubbieblue82 said:
next question: there are a few little gnat-like bugs hanging around my plants. is this a concern?

it doesn't bother me so much right now, but the grow racks are in a sort of mud room just off of my kitchen. i worry that the population could explode if the conditions support it. 
i put a bowl of water  by my plants and the gnats will go in and drowned.

nutrients arrived today, thanks for the recommendation. assuming this stuff should be stored in airtight containters? would some kitchen jars (like for sugar, flour, etc) suffice?

Back