• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors a fishing thread

I was targeting Pickerel with a spinnerbait, but when my line dropped like a brick and it started running off, I knew I had landed a Bass.  I was initially losing the battle as I couldn’t reel in fast enough to compensate for the run, so I set the drag very tight and stopped reeling for a few seconds and saw that the fish could no longer take line off.  I then reeled him in.  It was a tough fight, and I since I was fishing off a bridge, I had to lift him around 15 feet once he cleared the water.  I earned this meal.

PyhzRVi.jpg

had my pharmacology test on monday, which i thought i failed but apparently I got an 88 lol.....my friend came up with his boat and we tried to go out after. Forecast said 2-3ft with no chance of rain after 11am....well they were wrong. We went out of port everglades, the cut had big rollers. Saw the impending storm south of us and proceeded to turn around. Good thing we did too, as you can see with the waterspout exactly where we were. To wait out the storm, we went underneath a bridge where there literally has 1mm of room from my head to the bridge. The water was so brown and murky at that bridge, visibility was about 8 inches. had to hold the gun as a sidearm to even see any fish, but my friend managed to get 3 sheepshead. After about an hour, we went out to the ocean and got the rest of the fish. Found an awesome spot with mooring buoys and a huge ridge. I got the prize octopus, cooked it sous vide. Decided to skip school and go out the next day and we got all the fish in the second picture, and i found myself a new filet knife too. The day before went to a mooring buoy next to these guys who had fishing poles, but were in the water without a dive flag for some reason. Now I think i know why they were, because the filet knife was found at their buoy and had no rust on it, still sharp as ever. Needless to say, we did good. Saw a nuclear submarine too. 

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 53
it was lobster mini season this past wednesday and thursday. unfortunately i had 2 finals. Regular lobster season starts august 1st. Finished up my summer semester thursday, officially starting my 2nd year of medical school on monday. Long story short, i went spearfishing on friday, my roommate got stung by a lion fish, and i got engaged.  

Attachments

• engaged.jpg
    engaged.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 51
FishinHank said:
Work finally slowed down and I was able to get out this morning. Ended up with 1 king, 4 coho, a halibut, and a yelloweye. Deer season opens tomorrow!

Got a couple of the coho on an old east coast spoon too, an NK mag.

I'd love to see the inside of your freezer!  What is the storage capacity?

Back