• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

A fond farewell

Gee.....you broke my jaw! I laughed so hard...after talk about the socks...once it got to the measuring cup, I lost it. Who needs a third cup anyway? I only have a 1 cup, I just round everything up.....

Well, my darling son put two of them in there, top rack. Interesting thing is the 1/4 cup was next to it, but didn't fall through. Go figure.

I hope this will fill the void left by the dearly departed - With all things time will heal this wound

**edit** damn my tables didnt come out right
Dry Measurements
5TBs and 1 tsp = 1/3 cup
1/2 cup and 1 1/3 TBs = 2/3

fify?

[quote n) me='bluemeanietsi' timestamp='1351986133' post='728237']
1 Girl no cup.
[/quote]

girls don't need cups, and real men don't need cups...(re- Rubgy-v-USfootballnbaseball) {why should baseball players need a cup and rugby players dont? just wonderin' }

The real zinger is that like most wimmenz on Internet forums....

...."she" a actually is a man.

Zing!
:dance:

:::ducks!:::

better duck and RUN!

geeme, sorry for your loss, SS is your friend...... xoxo

There are some things we don't like to admit out loud, but as the saying goes, it just is what it is. I have been leading a fairly disorganized life over the past years; going to school and doing homework on top of "real" work limits time available for other things. Nonetheless, I have my little pockets of organization which remind me that when school is at last behind me, my life will return to normal. Like my sock drawer - some people just throw their socks loose into a drawer, or ball them up and toss them in, but not my sock drawer. No, each sock is neatly married with its partner - foot socks are kept flat, crew socks folded in half, knee socks in thirds, thigh-highs in fourths or more. This makes them all about the same width, and they are lined up on their edges from the front to the back of the drawer in straight rows. Sport socks are grouped together, as are casual and work socks.

And so it is with some sadness that I must bid good-bye to my 1/3 cup measuring cup. It met its demise after falling through the tray in the dishwasher and meeting the heating element at the bottom; not even Tupperware can withstand the heating element. No longer will it be cradled by the 1/2 cup measure. The days of the 1/4 cup measure nestled neatly inside it are gone. The stack of cups will now be slightly askew as the 1/4 cup measure cannot seat into the 1/2 cup measure as neatly.

Farewell! Farewell dear 1/3 cup measure - you served me well!
What you talkin bout Willis!, aint no manz gonna care bout foldin no socks and cryin over a measurin cup.
I didnt think it was Dec 21 yet, or is it :doh:

I think the really important question to consider here is whether or not Geeme can still make a sammich without it. So long as she can still do wimmenz work - clean, do dishes/laundry & make a mean sammich, I really don't see the loss of said measuring cup as all that tragic.

:dance:

Back