• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

A great debate: Seaweed kelp extract.

kelp is what most people are missing out on! ;) it works and it is probably one of the best things you can add to your garden aside from compost. I will never garden without it that's for sure.. there have been extensive research that proves how significant the results can be. in tomatoes it basically increase plant size, fruit, leaf, root, yield, etc by over 50%. one study, the kelp increased the leaf number by 85%+

more leaves = more photosynthesis = more energy = bigger plant =  more flowers = more fruit.

I have been using kelp on both peppers and tomatoes. my pepper plants were transplanted outdoors when temps were still dipping down to 38F and survived the cool/wet spring. I attribute it to the kelp..

just don't over do it as it can have reverse effects.. I foliar feed no more than once per week. maybe kelp in the soil once a month.. hard as this may be to believe, kelp is more effective via foliar feeding than in the soil..

Back