• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

A great man died...

With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost went unnoticed last week.

Larry LaPrise, the man that wrote "The Hokie Pokey" died peacefully at the age of 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in. And then the trouble started.

dreamtheatervt said:
With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost went unnoticed last week.

Larry LaPrise, the man that wrote "The Hokie Pokey" died peacefully at the age of 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in. And then the trouble started.

Oh that's awful!

And you can bet I'm going to repeat it.

Pam said:
Oh that's awful!

And you can bet I'm going to repeat it.

Yeah, that's making its way around my work place.

For those who are new or forgot my intro post 2+ years ago, I work for Virginia Tech (Nickname - The Hokies), so its a little funnier to us.

dreamtheatervt said:
Yeah, that's making its way around my work place.

For those who are new or forgot my intro post 2+ years ago, I work for Virginia Tech (Nickname - The Hokies), so its a little funnier to us.

Then that brings a new meaning to the Hokie Pokie huh....:lol:

Back