• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

A$$hole or critic??? what are you??

OK I will say what I have to when I have to and I am not a everything is always good kinda guy.

Today my wife said that I am too hard on people at food places and I think if you ask how things were and you get more than a "great" don't ask!!

when I drop $80 bucks on food for 2 people and it was crap I will tell you .

I hate people that think it is always good unless it was good !!
If the place spends thousands on signage saying how good there steak is and it sucks they get told.

I was at smokey bones bbq and it was good but the place was stickered in signs saying how hot there wings are and they had basic franks type sauce (cayenne salt vinagar) and I was not impressed so I told them when I paid that there bbq was some of the best I have eaten and the pulled pork was killer but the wings needed work.
the guy looked like he was slapped .

oh boo hoo the wings sucked but all they needed to do was offer a hotter sauce made up of there bbq sauce and some extract and I would have given them a 10.

Ya, I'm a critic. I tell it like it is in every review I do but I try to do it in a posative light....only once or twice I've had someone go off on me because I gave their product a less than favorible review (I actually bit my tongue one one of them b/c it was a charity sauce).

When I go check out a joint and the service and food quality is enough to make an African Bushman cringe then I just don't go back. But I tell all my friends about it.

Cheers, TB.

I ask when I cook for people as I want to know and I feel it also makes me a better cook!!
I cooked 2 dozen eggs for my wife 2 at a time till I got them to how she likes them.

my mother in law is not a meat eater so she will not taste what she cooks so I gave her my opinion on burgers and now they are good and all that took was less seasoning salt and more onion.

when you're paying for money you deserve value in line with the amount you pay. if the service at Maccas sucks then what do you expect for six bucks when the food is cooked by teenagers. when you pay decent money you deserve better. you owe it to them to be honest especially since that is how they make their money and especially when they ask and there could be a tip riding on it.

if they suck - tell them.

I was brought up with good manners and pc. (...well, nowadays I'm not so pc any more...) And sometimes it's also a matter of taste. I may like some food and someone else won't and vice versa. So I oftenly hold back my criticism. But if it really sucks and is done bad I will tell.

to answer the question posed at the top of the thread - I hover between a-hole and critic depending on my mood and the situation. some may call me arrogant, to them I say 'get f*****'

I hate to spend money for food and then find out that I could`ve cooked it better.I won`t even go to another steak joint around here.hate to be dis appointed.Critic ,,,,,,oh yea

6 posts and all shit. And it's alway world or warcraft bet thats a great game! Can you imagine that forum them all spamming each other with power ups ride on.

shayneyasinski said:
Today my wife said that I am too hard on people
Ya, my mom said I was to hard on people and I said "Shut up bitch and get me my socks!"

:lol: Just kidding.

texas blues said:
(btw..salmon marinading)

Cheers, TB.
:shocked: If it wasn't so cold out I would be dancing in the streets. You really think it's going to be safe after shipping?

If the product deserves a compliment I'm right there. If it deserves something else, I'm right there. I just do it so no one feels like they're being singled out.

I have several thoughts on this. I do not go out to most restaurants expecting to be wowed. Certainly not with heat as almost none have any. Therefore, I usually don't complain. If it is a special occasion and I am dropping $100+ then I may complain if I'm not happy. BUT, I do it to the manager not the waitress who had nothing to do with anything but bringing me my food. I don't let that impact my tip for the waitress either for the same reason. I have found that the better of a cook I have become, the less I go out for dinner because I can make a $100 restaurant meal at home for $25-$30 and it is normally better than it would be in the restaurant as I know our tastes and cook accordingly. So for special occasions I generally splurge on ingredients and make a fancy candlelight meal at home. I know what I am getting, so if there are any disappointments I have no one to blame but myself.

imaguitargod said:
Ya, my mom said I was to hard on people and I said "Shut up bitch and get me my socks!"

:lol: Just kidding.

:shocked: If it wasn't so cold out I would be dancing in the streets. You really think it's going to be safe after shipping?

No worries. Marinading in a salt/sugar brine. The salt and drying process kills anything that lives.....except...ebola!

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
No worries. Marinading in a salt/sugar brine. The salt and drying process kills anything that lives.....except...ebola!

Cheers, TB.
EBOLA TASTES AWESOME!!!!! I have a ebola shaker right next to my Zesty Blend. :lol:

Being in the restaurant business, I can tell you that you should ALWAYS let your server know what you think of the food. There's nothing worse than checking on a table where everyone says everything is good, only to find out they were disappointed after the meal. The server's job is to make sure you are satisfied, but they can't fix a problem they don't know about. No one working in any serious restaurant will take the criticism personally, it is required to keep the place up to standard.

Don't be an a**hole about it though, the cook is in the kitchen, not at your table.

Back