• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

A Huge Thx to Everyone

I just wanted to thank all the members here for all the amazing info that has helped me finally get some peppers forming on my plant. To make a long story short I live way up in northern Canada. Zero chance of growing peppers outside so I started a mini greenhouse inside with grow lights etc. I'm growing cayenne and jalapenos to start as I understand they're the easiest. Well my first cayenne plant as started forming peppers after losing flowers I read one member's post that he used an electric toothbrush on the stem to help pollination. Since i started doing that I haven't lost anymore flowers and I can see a number of peppers pushing through. Damn i'm so excited now lol

here are a few pics.

here is the cayenne plant that i've grown all inside.

IMG_0660-1.jpg

top view

IMG_0664.jpg

flowers popping out

IMG_0653.jpg

pepper popping out

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

pic of the jalapenos I just topped them and already the side shoots are growing out

IMG_0661.jpg

Maybe next year I'll try some of the super hot ones and see if I can grow any. Thanks again everyone here for all the great info i've used.

Looks great. Keep it up!!

And if you don't mind my asking.. Are you growing these inside? I swore I saw a vertical blind in one or two of those pics

Good for you! Glad to see you are having some success. Good luck on the superhots, they tend to be a bit difficult to get going,but once you get them established, it's smooth sailing.

Yep I have the mini greenhouse inside my apartment. They get some light from the Window. One good thing about being this far north is the sun rises at 4am and doesn't set till after 11pm. I've got 10 cfl bulbs and one dual tube 3 ft. Shoplight. Going to pick up more of the shoplights as they produce a lot more lumens for the price. Hoping to have 4 x 3 foot dual tube lights above then hang the cfl's on the sides for added light.

He said growing in a mini greenhouse inside due to being in Canada

I blame an unwilling weaning off of caffeine on not noticing that. Having no debit card for a week kinda puts a damper on one's ability to purchase groceries in an area whose stores look at checks the way we look at dinosaurs in a museum. Thankfully, I got it in the mail yesterday and got groceries :)

"I'm growing cayenne and jalapenos to start as I understand they're the easiest"

Yup, your right on about that. Jalapeno are very quik to finish. Cayenne finish very fst too 70-80 days and are a lot hotter then a jalapeno most of the time.

Nice plants!!

"Going to pick up more of the shoplights as they produce a lot more lumens for the price. Hoping to have 4 x 3 foot dual tube lights above then hang the cfl's on the sides for added light. "

If I am not mistaken those cfl's,shoplights, ect. have coating over the bulbs to stop harmful uv rays from hurting peoples eyes, not good for growing plants. The light they put out may not really be used by the plant as much as say a MH light.

You should find a 150w hps system. I found one for 100bucks with bulb, lens, and hood and I just found one in my local hydroshop for only 85bucks!!!!

The cfl bulbs are actually plant grow lights. The shop light is just the fixture. I put in plant/aquarium tubes in it. plants seem to love them. :dance:

Back