• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

a nice looking pepper

Hi All,

Wondering if any of you seen such before; most of the pods are Jamaican Mushroom'ish or MOA SB'ish I'd say, some other, and all are nice dark brown when ripen. No flowers right now unfortunately. The taste is not parfumey as superhots are, and it's really hot (bit hotter than my Jamaican Yellow Mushrooms are), but not super. I'd call it Jamaican Chocolate Mushroom but i'm not aware of such pepper :D
JGM_1.jpg

JGM_2.jpg

Thank you for the idea! Some pods that can be seen on the net are quite similar, altho it's more likely in the 100-200k SHU league I'd guess, surely not superhot. And the taste is more likely regular pepper'ish, no sign of that superhot parfumey thing.

Yea nice looking :) And also noticed that unlike some others I'm growing from the same heat range, the heat is very stable, it presents in all pods so far, and everywhere inside from bottom to top. Will definetely do another season with it, wondering how they'll look like next year...isolated some seeds from the most Bonnet looking pod, hope to keep that shape :)

Consistent heat throughout tends to imply a super somewhere in the gene pool but, if your guestimates are right, it seems like it's pretty far back. A few of the pods look like the Caramel Bhuts I got from Helvette but most are a very different shape and none seem to have the tail. If it's as red a shade of brown in reality as it is on camera though, I'd definitely consider it a caramel over a brown.

Back