• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

A nice Suprise

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
Rabbit
The Kroegers by me (st clair shores) has fresh habs serranos
jalapenos and a few others but kinda pricey
Tom

Thanks, I don't usually shop at Krogers so maybe the one by my house has some. If not I know where St Clair shores is. Worse thing I'll have to do is try to find the Krogers out there the next time I'm at my Mother-in-laws house. It's in Port Huron so it's on the way. Thanks.:cool:

Ive seen yellow habs at both of our local walmarts.Might try 1 local to you.I think they were a buck or 2 a pepper. Rich

I grew orange thai peppers last year for my first time and liked them so much I have about 6 of them growing this year...just picked my first 4 yesterday afternoon...they have really good heat and are really a pretty pepper being absolute orange....for serranos...I have been eating serranos in pico for about 10 years now and have 12 serranos growing...

I would highly recommend adding tabasco and orange habs to your grow list for next year...the combination of orange thai, tabasco, orange habs is an absolutely wonderful mix IMO...that is what I use for my spice mixture I make...

hixs said:
Ive seen yellow habs at both of our local walmarts.Might try 1 local to you.I think they were a buck or 2 a pepper. Rich

Yeah, the Meijers and Walmart doesn't sell them here. I always see Serrano's and Jalapeno's, but never habs. Hopefully Kroger carries them. I have plenty of Habs coming later this year, BUT I have to wait for those. :)

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
Wixom to St Clair Shores to Port Huron well
thats a tad out of the way :lol::lol:

Not really. If you take I-696 to I-94 to Port Huron you drive right by Lake St Clair. It's not that bad. If your already heading out that way it's not bad. Just for the habs if your not heading up though. NO WAY!!:lol::lol: My wife and I go up there all of the time and it's already the way we take up.

Back